77 Chevy K10 Silverado

StevieG

On a side note, Nice project but I too have a question. I own a 2001 model Silverado and wish to strap a RTT onto my ride! Yet the lack of info provided from the various roof rack companies doesn't help. Im looking to find some rack "feet" to pair with a bit of unistrut to handle the load of course! Any ideas as to WHO sells just the feet but ones that will grab onto a truck without gutters? Mountability is important yes but so is their ability to pair with the unistrut. Whata we know guys?
Steve

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
On a side note, Nice project but I too have a question. I own a 2001 model Silverado and wish to strap a RTT onto my ride! Yet the lack of info provided from the various roof rack companies doesn't help. Im looking to find some rack "feet" to pair with a bit of unistrut to handle the load of course! Any ideas as to WHO sells just the feet but ones that will grab onto a truck without gutters? Mountability is important yes but so is their ability to pair with the unistrut. Whata we know guys?
Steve
Hey there.. well, not sure about any of that. I'd suggest actually posting a new thread or doing some keyword searches of the entire forum for people who have installed Roof Top Tents. Im sure this site has a lot of the info.
I personally have not. And this truck probably won't be getting one. So I can't say.

Thanks for the kind words on the project though. Good luck.

travelliott

Just got a 78' Chevy from my dad over the weekend. Been sitting in the back yard as dad pulled the motor and built the holy cow out of it for his drag/street truck. So he gave me the truck with the trans and axles complete to work on for my offroad/overlander. Keep up the build as i'll need the inspiration for my own. Currently stocking cash to put in a crate 350 and then begin the tear down.

AceAdams86

I hope this post bumps back to you. I have the same exact 77 k10. Is yours the Cheyenne??

Attachments

• IMG_3203.JPG
    IMG_3203.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
I hope this post bumps back to you. I have the same exact 77 k10. Is yours the Cheyenne??
Nice! :) This one I was playing with is actually a Silverado. It's a great setup and I wish I could legally buy/own/drive it.
Long story short; it's currently all wrapped up in a paperwork/state/SMOG battle.. hah. The title is held in another state, in someone elses name a bit removed from me, the truck is parked here, but it doesn't meet California SMOG emissions; so it can't be registered to drive here, so it's legality lives across borders and it's stuck where it is.
So.. it's just parked. Big mess. hah.
However, it gets washed now and then, moved around every once in a while, and covered with a big tarp when not in use. So it's not like it's completely wasting away or anything.

Someday. *sigh*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94