Really BRIGHT lights

grimbo

Explorer
They are very nice had a look at them on Saturday night. Even with family discount I still can't afford them at the moment though :(

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
We have them available for pre-order. They are a great alternative to an LED lightbar with each light being a tad bit more than a Rigid SR-30. As mentioned they are pricey at $693.87 each, plus you need a wiring loom at $70.13 to make them plug and play, but if you look at as running 2 Rigid SR-30's its really not that unreasonable, and actually cheaper.
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=130

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The light bars have been pretty disappointing to me as far as LUX at any distance. I'll test these when I'm able and see how much light they throw at 50 and 100 yards.
I have a set of prototype JW Speaker 6" LED driving lights that are DOT compliant that I'll compare them to.
I like LEDs...

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
8200 raw Lumens per unit.
If that can't light up the path then seek medical help lol
I'd like to afford them...

Xfactor

Observer
How would these compare to the light force 240 hid? Iirc the light force ones are in the neighborhood of $1500.00 each...I think

4x4junkie

Explorer
ARB brochure said:
At 6500K, the color temperature of the LEDs is as close to daylight as possible

Wow, it's bad enough some guys use 5000°K LEDs, ARB takes it a step further and still goes on to imply they aren't quite white as daylight! :eek:

Clearly marketing at it's finest here...
They seem obviously unaware daylight at high-noon is about 5500°K, but when surrounded by a night sky, such light takes on a distinct bluish (or grayish) hue (3500-4200K appearing more white under those conditions).

My eyes already have a hard time with LED light and it's huge spectral discontinuity on the blue end, so these lights definitely would do absolutely no good for me.

Xfactor

Observer
What is a decent driving light? I have a dodge 3500 with hid's installed and feel like I need more lighting on the dark highways of northern BC when driving highway speeds

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Looks like Rigid makes the ARB Intensity.

dayonesema6.jpg

slooowr6

Explorer
Wow, it's bad enough some guys use 5000°K LEDs, ARB takes it a step further and still goes on to imply they aren't quite white as daylight! :eek:

Clearly marketing at it's finest here...
They seem obviously unaware daylight at high-noon is about 5500°K, but when surrounded by a night sky, such light takes on a distinct bluish (or grayish) hue (3500-4200K appearing more white under those conditions).

My eyes already have a hard time with LED light and it's huge spectral discontinuity on the blue end, so these lights definitely would do absolutely no good for me.

Agree with you here, at 6500k it's going to look blue/purple. Does ARB have CRI (color render index) in their spec? Most car with stock HID from factory runs at 4300k.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Agree with you here, at 6500k it's going to look blue/purple. Does ARB have CRI (color render index) in their spec? Most car with stock HID from factory runs at 4300k.
The CRI will be miserable but I think the SPD will be better than HID.
Regardless of all that, they'll be bright.
They still don't appeal to me for most of the stated reasons but I think they're an interesting product. They're mostly a marketing exercise.

I just hope they don't blind too many on-coming motorists and cause too many accidents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94