Double R Trailer Rebuild

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I like your conceptual drawing. Should be very functional - and warmer in the winter time than your RTT.

Can't wait to see the build!

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
It will have several advantages: fast to set up, solid walls for security and to lean against, quiet with no flapping canvas, easy enter/exit, dirty boots and dog on the floor, way better in storms, room to store light stuff up top. As Scott said warmer (insulated) and safe to use a small cat heater. And NO freaking zippers.

Disadvantages: maybe a bit top heavy, overhead clearance reduced, less storage room and my design will only sleep one person and a dog. I think my Christmas present this year will be a welder and some square tubing.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
"Great trailer" now up for sale. Just purchased a new 4Runner and selling the trailer and FJ Cruiser. Details will be in appropriate classifieds soon. Here is a current photo.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421818618.882652.jpg

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
It sounds like you are going to sleep in your 4Runner. I can't wait to see your new setup!

BTW, my Tacoma will be here on March 24...

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
It sounds like you are going to sleep in your 4Runner. I can't wait to see your new setup!

BTW, my Tacoma will be here on March 24...

Yes, I'll be sleeping in the back on trips like the desert expeditions and using my Kodiak when base camping. Congrats on the Taco.

Got any plans for a spring DE?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Yes, I'll be sleeping in the back on trips like the desert expeditions and using my Kodiak when base camping. Congrats on the Taco.

Got any plans for a spring DE?

Not spring this year - work is getting in the way.

Looking at September, around Labor Day. I will start a planning thread soon.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Like the concept camper for sure...I'm getting ready to add a set of aluminum folding steps to rear to assist access in and out. I doubt you'll miss climbing the ladder in and out of the tent, and all the points you brought up about soft sided vs. hard sided, are all certainly legit.

Good luck with the sale.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
TRAILER NOT FOR SALE BUT RTT REMAINS ON THE MARKET.
My trailer is listed on ExPo for sale but it's in Expedition Gear instead of trailers. I just could not find the classified/trailers section. Am I the only one who thinks this new Tapatalk version is close to impossible to navigate? Edit: it's now listed under expedition trailers too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online