Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

RKRUGER

Adventurer- Toyota Nut
Not to drag this up to the top... but I just bought one of these today at Verizon for $99 on their Black Friday special . Your remarks is what kicked me over to picking it up... in fact, I read this thread on the device while connected to the instore WiFi. 4G and all. I am psyched.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Verizon deal...

Got one this morning, looks to be the perfect size for my setup. How are you guys mounting this? Any pics would be helpful. Mine is in an Otterbox defender...I'm looking into the Ram mounting system, but I'm open to suggestions...

Regards,

BWJ

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have a Galaxy Tab 2 10" and love it. I also have BCN loaded on my cell (Galaxy S2X) and the tab...great app. LOVE the 7" format, but got the 10 for free with a contract for internet so I am not complaining. I too was looking at the RAM mounts for tabs, but hear that some are not as good as they are reported to be (no personal experience however). A lot of vibration with the seat base attached adjustable one with the universal 10" tab base. A friend has one and had to fab up a few brackets to make his useable.

Anyhow, excellent choice all on the tab, and WOW...$99 bucks is a steal!

SSDDBRONCO

Do any of you guys use this on the galaxy s2? I just use regular maps, but when service is out I'm out of luck. Also one question how do the gps apps mentioned work when having service?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Finlay

Triarius
I have the Galaxy S3. I imagine that it works the same on the S2. For apps where you can download the maps beforehand, you're golden. For those that you don't/can't you're hosed.

So, on my S3, I have it set up the same as my galaxy tab7. In fact, after I download the map files, I just copy from one device to the other to save me from having download however many gigs over wifi.

Point is, you're much better off with GPS apps that allow you download/cache maps before you head out.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I have the Galaxy S3. I imagine that it works the same on the S2. For apps where you can download the maps beforehand, you're golden. For those that you don't/can't you're hosed.

So, on my S3, I have it set up the same as my galaxy tab7. In fact, after I download the map files, I just copy from one device to the other to save me from having download however many gigs over wifi.

Point is, you're much better off with GPS apps that allow you download/cache maps before you head out.

Same for the S2, you need to be able to pre-load the maps you need (and you need to remember to do it too) before you lose your connection. BCN works well, and there are others.

Cee-Jay

Sasquatch
Looks like the mother-in-law wants to buy my family a tablet for Christmas.

Just to make sure I'm following... I can use the Galaxy's built in GPS capability even if I don't have 3G/4G access via the device or a phone using tab... provided that I've already saved the maps I need on to the Galaxy before hand. Is that right? I ask because I'd like to save money by getting the Wifi only version.

Thx

Finlay

Triarius
Looks like the mother-in-law wants to buy my family a tablet for Christmas.

Just to make sure I'm following... I can use the Galaxy's built in GPS capability even if I don't have 3G/4G access via the device or a phone using tab... provided that I've already saved the maps I need on to the Galaxy before hand. Is that right? I ask because I'd like to save money by getting the Wifi only version.

Thx

I have the Galaxy Tab 2 7" and that's exactly what I do.

You'll still need internet access via wifi. Or I guess you could copy the maps via the USB cable. Point remains, you don't need 3g/4g data.

tpond

Observer
Daylight visibility is just fine. I have one and really like it so far.

What dash/ windshield mounts are people using? Any recommendations?

psykokid

Explorer
Samsung has released an update to the Android OS that powers the Galaxy Tab 2. The update is from Android 4.0 to 4.1. The result should be faster and smoother operation. Details here:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/18/...y-bean-update-for-galaxy-note-10-1-and-tab-2/

I got one for my daughter for christmas, it updated about a week and a half ago. Working great, alot smoother than ICS. I've got a rooted nook color that is running jellybean and using her tablet with ICS annoyed me, small differences but it lends itself to a better user experience. I'm going to grab one for myself when prices drop a bit for them. Good little tablet for my purposes. I borrowed hers on new years day and tested BCN on it and it worked flawlessly, whereas BCN has been flaky as of late on my Nook..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior