Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

syncroluvr

I just picked up a Nexus 7 this weekend and will be coupling it to a bluetooth gps to use BCNav. I dont have a smart phone to provide wifi for the tablet as it can only roam out within a 20 mile radius of wifi reception.

barlowrs

Explorer
I use a Samsung Galaxy note 7 inch for my main navigation in my truck at all times, it is just the wifi version, so for turn by turn i use Co-Pilot live (needs no data connection to work) and when i'm out back somwhere, I use BC navigator. its a GREAT setup, the 7.0 gives me a much more useful screen than my garmin, and it has worked flawlessly for a while now.

Picked up a samsung galaxy tab 2 7" this week from microcenter refurbed for 159 then mounted it up in the jeep using the otterbox cover and some parts from my old ram tab-tite
4y8y5aha.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359254851385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359254851385.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 12

Jkfisher84

Adventurer
Picked up a samsung galaxy tab 2 7" this week from microcenter refurbed for 159 then mounted it up in the jeep using the otterbox cover and some parts from my old ram tab-tite
4y8y5aha.jpg

dude, whats that mount? Thats the position id like it in but what part is that sticking out from the radio? thanks in advance

Mark

It is the jeep wrangler padhldr mount

I bout it originally for my old xoom 10" tablet but the articulation arm and rhe radio mount is what I used here

Falkon

Adventurer
Ive got a 10.1 that I use with BN Nav, I have it on my Note 2 as well. Used the tab for nav the first time today. I paid for the Accuterra maps ($29), there are great maps. Lots of details, road and trails.

Downloaded the area we were traveling to last night. I never lost signal, the tracking was pretty accurate. My Samsung Infuse was horrible, bad antenna and unreliable in the woods. I love my phablet and tabs though.

Now to find a sturdy mount for both...

Another great BC Nav feature to checkout with these things is you can download offroad trail gpx's from sites like traildamage.com and directly load into bc nav

dstock

Explorer
Are the Galaxy Tab's easily powered via a USB connection? I've got a Sony tablet that is great but powered by AC only, I don't want to have to run an inverter to keep it charged.

Falkon

Adventurer
I have only used mine in the truck once for a few hours. It did take a charge while connected to my trucks outlets via usb.

barlowrs

Explorer
Yes mine is hardmounted in my truck and always connected to power via a USB charger. With the galaxy, when it is connected to USB, it will show a red X over the battery icon..basically, it gets just enough juice to maintain battery level with the display on. If you turn the display off, it will charge (but slower than AC).

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Decided to order a Pelican 1055cc Hardback case, $28 from Amazon. Obviously not something that will allow using it while in the case, but perfect for protection while in a backpack or whatever.

paddlenbike

Adventurer
Mine is in a Roocase. It's a basic leather case to protect the screen and the case doubles as a stand for when I'm typing on the zagg keyboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier