Piranha Power Shower Kit

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Anyone have any experience with Piranha's Power Shower?

http://www.piranhaoffroad.com.au/index.php/default/cms/piranha-power-shower

dayonesema56.jpg

Surfy

Adventurer
It is nice to see a new alternative offer here! It is definitively a price breaker! I dont like that it has 2 Parts who are mounted togehter - but - for this price i suggest to try it.

The competitors with the same style are: Twine hot Water, and the Helton Hot Water devices.

I have the Helton device, and happy with it. To be honest - i do only use the heatexchanger out of the package - i have builtin a Surfflo Pump and so on.

Google will help you, to find more informations about all offers.

The Phirana Device seem to have a much better pump and accessories - the helton and twine ones are really cheap. Please keep us updated - what you buy!

Surfy

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
We have several shower kits like this in Australia they all seem to work well, some issues with room under the hood to fit everything and also vehicles with no heater tap can be a problem as you have no heat control, the water can be very hot!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
woooaa I just seen this pic from SEMA and was very interested; I think it just came out.

They have been on the market for 8-10 years at least, I looked at them as an option when I was personally shopping in 2003-2004 timeframe? and again when I visited them in Aus in 2009. Somewhat biased ;) bit I prefer the solid copper models both from an engineering heat transfer standpoint bit equally importantly a longevity standpoint. That said I see no reason they wouldn't be a great option for many. Different strokes for different folks :D

Last edited:

targa88

Explorer
Beowulf,
You might want to check with the folks @ Outback Proven. I think they import Piranha products

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Awesome. Thank you for posting all those. I was just looking at the Glind this morning. What I don't like about the kits that I have seen is the show head. Why do they all look like they came out of a run down RV? Someone needs to come up with a nice utilitarian looking nozzle that can stand up to the rigors our travels and actually look like something that is supposed to be in the bush.

cruiseroutfit

Awesome. Thank you for posting all those. I was just looking at the Glind this morning. What I don't like about the kits that I have seen is the show head. Why do they all look like they came out of a run down RV? Someone needs to come up with a nice utilitarian looking nozzle that can stand up to the rigors our travels and actually look like something that is supposed to be in the bush.

Perceived looks aside, I've not seen nor heard of a shower failure from any of the manufactures. Many of the models including the Helton I distribute focus on low volume flow at a moderate pressure as water consumption is a big issue. For that reason the low key and RV like shower heads are not only functional but actually preferred imo. You can buy just the exchanger and set up a system that matches your exact needs both in function and asthetics :D

The Pirahna kit is available through the fine folks at Outback Proven and any of their retailers :D

Surfy

Adventurer
Yes, when using an aftermarket Pump and Showerhead - you should have an option to regulate the amount of water, who flows through!

A Surflo Pump is too fast - without regulation - and the water would not be hot enough..

Surfy

cruiseroutfit

Yes, when using an aftermarket Pump and Showerhead - you should have an option to regulate the amount of water, who flows through!

A Surflo Pump is too fast - without regulation - and the water would not be hot enough..

Surfy

Surflo & FlowJet have a plethora of pump options, I don't recall the part number right off the top of my head but there is a 1.5 gpm Surflo & an even lower flow-rate Flowjet. Restrict them a bit more through the shower head (which has a flow regulator built in) and they have proven to work just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles