Request: photos of child seats in the back of your 80

Purzell

Adventurer
Has anyone got a large booster seat (the kind with a back and full harness) AND an infant car seat in the back seat of their 80? Can you fit another person in between the seats? I would like to see some photos of various configurations of child seats and other passengers fitting in the truck, if anyone would have such a thing. Both my boys (4y.o. and 2 months) are very tall so I have the biggest of both of these types of seats. Thank you.

86tuning

Adventurer
doubt you could fit a 3rd person between. What may work is putting the infant carrier in the center position using the lap belt over top, without the carrier base. Then you could fit a 3rd person in the 2nd row. If they're skinny.

Klierslc

Explorer
You can use the infant carrier with the base in the center position but you can't use the base on the sides unless you move one of the front seats up quite a ways--may not be an issue if you or the wife is under 5'8". You can put a person in the middle, but it isn't very comfortable. I have 5 kids and have done every possible combination of car seats in there, but I don't have any pics--didn't bring them to Helmand province. Overall though, we tended to use the center position when the kiddo is small/light enough to stay in the carrier and then switched to the side position without the base as they got bigger.

Siege

I have a Recaro Signo behind the passenger seat and a Graco Snugride in the middle of the second row. There is plenty of room for an adult to ride comfortably on the drivers side.

94SRUNNER

Adventurer
As of right now I only have the infant seat. But In know that with the infant seat two adults can sit in the back. So I imagine, when the time comes we will be able to fit an infant seat, a booster seat, as well as an additional adult with out to much difficulty.

user16452_pic24298_1350443671.jpg

Mad Matt

Adventurer
When we all load into my cruiser we have my 3yr olds Recaro ProSPORT (driver side) and my 1yr olds Combi Coccoro (passanger side) and there is easily room for my wife to site between them when needed on long drives.

Purzell

Adventurer
This is good to know. We have the Graco Snugride 35 (big infant seat) and will only use it with the base and it is BIG. In the Cherokee it requires me to push the passenger seat entirely to the dash.
My four year old is in a full back booster but I can shop a bit for one that's not so giant. It's the infant seat+base behind the passenger that I am worried about.

hoser

Explorer
Take a look at the Diono car seats. They sit a little more upright, lower and slimmer than most car seats. The frame is steel and allows for a less bulky seat. I can fit 3 across in our 5 series BMW.

profro

Observer
I threw the base away. Our infant carrier allowed us to secure the carrier without it. Much better.

By the way, whomever wrote the rules for kids and car seats must have never traveled anywhere with kids.

silverscout

Adventurer
I have a low profile sunshine kids car seat for my 3 year old and a Britax for my one year old. My wife sits in between them on a regular basis. My DD is a full size GM and has Britax for both kids. Much more room and an easy fit for both kids and an adult.

carseat.JPGcarseat2.JPG

Purzell

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

Hey Matt...with your rear facing infant seat in how far do you have to move the passenger seat up? And what kind of infant seat is that?

Mad Matt

Adventurer
Purzell, it's a Combi Coccoro. It's a great seat, and has a tiny footprint. You might loose an inch of rearward travel, if that. I highly recommend them, my 1yr old son was riding in one when we were hit by a drunk driver and he wasn't even bruised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles