Additional storage

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
Well I have a trailer to haul in the summer with all the extras, or when I am taking a group out, but for when I want to use the truck for a quick run someplace with one or two people towing the trailer is overkill if all I want is the barbeque. I can fit my inflatable kayak, actually both kayaks, in the back seat of the truck if it is just myself or another person but I am left with things like the generator and gas in the winter as well as the barbeque year around to carry. I HATE putting stuff in the TC as I use it during the day so it is a pain to move things around so I like a place to put things.

I have been watching for a cargo carrier to go on sale and this week it did. My first plan was to build a deck and put some storage on the side of the carrier so I added a couple extra cables to the sides of the carrier to increase the rating from 500lbs to more like 1000lbs. Then I set my stairs on it and found that the larger set of stairs fit so nice that I decided that I was not going to make a deck but just use the carrier for the extras. I love having the stairs stored outside, plus I can still get in the camper by using the cargo carrier as a step if the stairs are up. I do need to get a smaller gas can, or two, for extra fuel and these I will store under the camper (more to the front on the carrier).

So total cost was $59.99 for the carrier and $20.00 for the cable and parts and away I go.

If I am just carrying the stairs I can now leave my stairs outside.
IMG_2779.jpg

Extra support for heavier loads, plus it stops it from moving side to side.
IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

Gas can will be changed out for the barbeque and smaller gas tanks put up front.
IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles