Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Like most people on here, I have a soft spot for those and the defender series, even though they have their problems, they just speak.

Looking forward to the build.

Jack

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Let the build games begin...

expeditionswest said:
Essentially, the build will come over three parts:
1. Suspension, tires and wheels. Electronics and power
2. Camp systems and storage
3. Armor and recovery. Traction and trail considerations

Oh boy, I'd better have a seat and watch this thread closely! :coffee:

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
Joaquin Suave said:
Pardon my ignorance & Landi "green-ness" (I haven't had anything to do with Land Rover products since I sold my '67 109 IIA back in the early 80's)

However, weren't the Disco's known to be of "shotty" mfg. and prown to major breakdowns???

Were some years better than others???

I've had my 2002 Disco II since I drove it off the lot new, and it has never broken down or had a mechanical failure.

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Joaquin Suave said:
Pardon my ignorance & Landi "green-ness" (I haven't had anything to do with Land Rover products since I sold my '67 109 IIA back in the early 80's)

However, weren't the Disco's known to be of "shotty" mfg. and prown to major breakdowns???

Were some years better than others???

If I remember correctly Rover was owned by BMW in 1995 and a lot of the bothersome Lucas electronics were replaced by Bosch units. In addition, Scott has opted for a manual and cloth interior trim package which I believe is electronically "simpler". I think that he still has power door locks and power windows, but that is about it for the creature comforts. Not sure if he is planning on making it even less electronically complicated or not. The Disco's are incredible vehicles as long as the complicated electronics don't get in the way.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
Ohhhhhh Mannnnnn, quick check and make sure there is oil in the engine!:shakin:

********!!!!!:xxrotflma

This GREAT!!! I can't wait for the build up:lurk:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste