Overland Journal: Discovery I, 5-speed

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
This is the kind of Disco I've ALWAYS wated to see. No bells and whistles to go bad on you. Only way it could be better is if it were a Diesel. Neat truck build man. Viva La no option trucks.

Cheers

Dave

alia176

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
-Rancho RS9000 w/ Adjustable Dampening OME HERE

Just an opinion, skip the OME shocks and go straight to the Bil 7100s. You'll thank me about 30,000 miles and mucho camping gear overloaded-ness later :)

Spikepretorius

Explorer
I'm fascinated. You guys have so much at your disposal over there, then you opt for Britain's Revenge.

I suppose out of the whole bunch a Disco 1 is the best option. Just put some money aside for when it breaks
509.gif
509.gif
509.gif

(no offence to Landy lovers. Just fascinated by the grass is greener on the otherside syndrome)

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Spikepretorius said:
I'm fascinated. You guys have so much at your disposal over there, then you opt for Britain's Revenge.

You know how it is... Grass is always greener on the other side. :)

Unfortunately, we do not have many expedition platforms at our disposal. No 70's, no Patrols, no 105s, no Defenders :(

revor

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
You know how it is... Grass is always greener on the other side. :)

Unfortunately, we do not have many expedition platforms at our disposal. No 70's, no Patrols, no 105s, no Defenders :(

Probably the best we could do would be a Van or a big *** SUV with more bells and whistles than a 747 (not to mention cup holders) The smallest automotive Diesel we can buy over here is a 3.0 L V6 in a Jeep and they don't put it in the new Wrangler !?!?! The rest are 6.0 or so and live in trucks and suv's that can be quite a struggle to deal with off road. My '97 F350 ate a transmission at 90K miles as did my Defender 110, seems about normal these days for tranny's new Automatics seem fail more often and are all electronic no feild repairs.. And try and buy an 80 Series without above mentioned widgets and cup holders.
We really do have bizzillions of options, we're the biggest consumer of automobles in the world! But we (as a nation) tend to get bored easily and we're easily convinced that we need a new car because now it has new widgets. It's really an automotive wastelend very few of our options lend themselve to a true multipurpose vehicle.

Sorry for the rant but everytime I think of all the Cool toys available in the ROW I get a little wound up..

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Yeah Revor, I think alot of us would sell our souls for a 70 series Cruiser. But we make do eh...

lowenbrau

Explorer
4Rescue said:
Yeah Revor, I think alot of us would sell our souls for a 70 series Cruiser. But we make do eh...

Yawn. I've got one I'd trade for a really good moose rifle or prehaps a 20 Guage double :shakin:

Scott Brady

Founder
lowenbrau said:
Yawn. I've got one I'd trade for a really good moose rifle or prehaps a 20 Guage double :shakin:

I have both (12 Gauge double though)... Meet me in Colorado and we will trade (bring the BJ74).

theexile

Adventurer
sinuhexavier said:

x3 Billstiens or Fox's are a great way to go so you can tune the suspension to your load and needs.

Great project by the way.Can't Wait to see the end result.:safari-rig:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Andrew Walcker said:
I agree, Inland Rovers is a great resource and Gordon does make some very nice parts.

I should warn you Scott, if you go to Inland Rovers, Gordon will probably sell you on a custom tuned set of Fox's. He's got the set up totally dialed in, and he is very well known around here as the guy to go to for such things. I didn't mention it before because you wanted the OME's, but if you are considering the Foxes, you should put that on your list for Inland Rovers, along with their fab'd items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles