Fandango/Rohloff 29er Mountain Tandem Bicycle

DLippke

Observer
** SOLD **
2011 Fandango 29er Rohloff Mountain Tandem bicycle located in Winchester, VA - $4300

Captioned pictures are here and on a sidebar of our travel blog here.

This is an optimal tandem rig for single track, the GDMBR, road tour, or blasting down the W&OD and Allegheny Passage. It has an extremely wide gear range obtained by combination of the Rohloff internally-geared 14-speed hub behind 46/34T derailleur'd chain rings and has been proven to handle everything from solo fully-loaded mountain riding to high speed tandem runs on flat pavement.

Specs and components: 19.5/17.5" flat black frame; Rohloff 14-speed internally-geared hub driven in two ranges by 46/34T Middleburn chain rings; White Brothers Magic 100T tandem fork. dual spring, air preload, IMV damping, 20mm thru-axle; Magura Gustav disc brakes; Middleburn crank arms (175mm and 172.5mm) and chain rings; Sun MTX33 29" 40/32 spoke wheels; Cane Creek thudbuster rear seatpost; Brooks saddles; Oval Concepts A921 Double Over stem. The black frame bags and rear rack are included as are the Crank Bros eggbeater and candy pedals we used on tour (if desired).

This is the large Fandango frame and is one tall bike. However, my 5'4" wife rode stoker over a long west coast road tour without problem.

This bicycle has only been ridden 3500 miles and is in excellent condition. $4300 OBO.

The bike is located in Winchester, VA. My bike shop there can ship this bike insured for $250-$400 to most domestic destinations -- preferably directly to your bike shop for reassembly. I encourage local pickup, tho, and will throw in the BOB trailer pictured (sans flag) for such a buyer.

Last edited:

4xdog

Explorer
Wow! *Very* nice ride! Best of luck in the sale -- this will make the right person a superb bike.

Don

dgwdawg

Hi David,

My wife and I may be interested in your tandem if you still have it. We live in Michigan and would be using it for riding off road. Do you know if the Rohloff drive line is durable enough for off road. Anyway if you like you can contact me at greatwhitedog@yahoo.com .

Thanks Dennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles