Saw it on Samba

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=367742&start=620

marokko_2011__14_.jpeg

marokko_2011__3_.jpeg

marokko_2011__17_.jpeg

marokko_2011__18_.jpeg

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Very cool in almost ever aspect-except the lack of windows! I think I would have put several in the lift-up walls or the camper walls so the pop-up panels cover them but maybe they had their reasons. Also, it appears the only entrance/exit is via the pass-through. Space-saving, but claustrophobic! Maybe the shower is also an entry?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Yeah, that's one cool truck.

I guess having the pass-through as the only entrance enhances security, but it sure seems like it would be a pain. I think I would have made the table easily movable / removable, and done a rear entrance.

Even a small door, just in the lower (non-moving) section of the back wall, would have been better than loading clothes and groceries through the truck cab, in my mind.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist

Looks like there are two windows in the dining room. And I can't tell what the "hatch" is in the above picture at the front of the bedroom. I don't see any evidence of an opening from the outside with the roof up.

Cool looking rig regardless.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I like it a lot as well. I would want a hatch over the bed for emergency egress at least. I was also really surprised to see that the spare tire on the back lifted up with the top - probably there was not enough strength in the rear section to have it mounted to the lower section? He does state that the camper itself weighs about 1200 lbs.

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/marokko_2011__2_.jpeg

Also not sure what the crank is next to the stove in the following picture?

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10122/marokko_2011__17_.jpeg

Would love to see something similar to this for a Jeep Unlimited... but it would need to be built much lighter of course. I think it would be possible to do since the "shell" wouldn't need to be very structural since the bed would be supported mostly by the roll bar similar to the action camper and ursa minor.

Clutch

<---Pass
That is cool, think I would ditch that toilet and shower, that takes up an awful lot of room.

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
That is cool, think I would ditch that toilet and shower, that takes up an awful lot of room.
Right- I think I would have made due with some sort of outside bathing arrangement. IN a camper that small, living space seems more important to me.

Clutch

<---Pass
Right- I think I would have made due with some sort of outside bathing arrangement. IN a camper that small, living space seems more important to me.

Yeah, that whole toilet next to the cooking area, kinda weirds me out.

I have one of those shower/toilet privies that sets up in seconds...keeps the "smell" out of the living area too.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Yeah, that whole toilet next to the cooking area, kinda weirds me out.

I have one of those shower/toilet privies that sets up in seconds...keeps the "smell" out of the living area too.

Seems like in this arrangement you could start your coffee while taking care of "regular" morning business

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Looks very nice, that's the kind of pop up I like. The head is the second most important thing on my list, righet after a place to sleep, I could cook on a table, hope it has a shower in there....

Looks like it would be heavy for a VW. Maybe it has a turbo 911....LOL

Looks too like that vent fan could be kicked out to crawl out of, I bet I could punch my way out. But, might be that where they travel they don't want more winows or doors to watch......:coffeedrink:

Lynn

Expedition Leader
And I can't tell what the "hatch" is in the above picture at the front of the bedroom.

Notice that the upper section has a rounded nose in the front. My guess is that hatch is to access a storage area in the nose.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Notice that the upper section has a rounded nose in the front. My guess is that hatch is to access a storage area in the nose.

D'oh! That makes total sense. Plus the hatch and the flat front area that is covered by the raisable roof don't even line up! I'm spatially challenged at times. ;)

762X39

Explorer
I like how bright and airy the interior seems. As far as the head is concerned, fully half the days/nights I was out this year, it rained like hell. We did buy one of those mini toilet tents but chose not to use it. Getting dressed in rain or snow gear just to go would get old pretty fast.In some cases we spent the night camped out in parking lots (truck stops and Walmarts on the way to our final destination and setting up the toilet tent just won`t work).:coffee:

thedjjack

Dream it build it
I like how bright and airy the interior seems. As far as the head is concerned, fully half the days/nights I was out this year, it rained like hell. We did buy one of those mini toilet tents but chose not to use it. Getting dressed in rain or snow gear just to go would get old pretty fast.In some cases we spent the night camped out in parking lots (truck stops and Walmarts on the way to our final destination and setting up the toilet tent just won`t work).:coffee:

X2 lots of RV have this setup...Roadtrek Vans etc... Wife uses the washroom 2-3 times a night....Plus if you are in the city

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles