My 77' F250 Highboy 351M Auto

Landscapepro

Saw this beauty on Craigslist with a slide in camper for $1,800. Already put a lot of work in to it, paint being one thing. Fluid changes, working on taillights. True highboy made in the March of 77 one of the last month's for production of the Highboy. Full time 4wd, C-6 auto, 351M all original. Np203 transfer case. runs great, cant wait to take it to Utah!77 f250.jpg

bloodyWEST

Adventurer
cool truck! what does "high boy" mean? just a taller ride height? a trim package?

is it really full time 4x4? no 2wd?

Landscapepro

There were several unique features to the Highboys. Narrower frame width, positive angled leaf spring front end, gas tank behind the bench seat, divorced transfer case, wider leafs in the front, than the rear. All of this adds up to a higher profile than later years. I purchased this truck mainly to negotiate our dirt road to our house which is two miles of very rough terrain. Blind corners and very steep, hence the full time 4wd, a chain driven np203 slows the vehicle down, but really adds torque to the wheels. My top speed is around 65mph, but it runs nice and smooth.

Landscapepro

Yep real American, even though it is actually pretty rough as far as paint and body go, it gets a lot of stares from the good ole' boy crowd, that's for sure. Got to get some action shots for you guys, can't wait!

elee

Observer
There were several unique features to the Highboys. Narrower frame width, positive angled leaf spring front end, gas tank behind the bench seat, divorced transfer case, wider leafs in the front, than the rear. All of this adds up to a higher profile than later years. I purchased this truck mainly to negotiate our dirt road to our house which is two miles of very rough terrain. Blind corners and very steep, hence the full time 4wd, a chain driven np203 slows the vehicle down, but really adds torque to the wheels. My top speed is around 65mph, but it runs nice and smooth.

All this to ride between and over crops. I had a teacher that would tell us all about his Highboy.

jronwood

Adventurer
I had a 76' Hi-Boy with a 390. What a truck,....when I sold it (pre Craigslist 15 years ago) I had guys from four states calling about it. VERY sought after. They also had BIG locking hubs, guys called them "Acorn Hubs" they might have been factory Warns, I cant remember.

Jronwood

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94