Project Hundy Build Thread - 2000 UZJ100 Land Cruiser

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I know you've talked about ham radio in other threads... Did you install one in the hundy? I just recently passed the technician/general tests and picked up a Yaesu 8800R. I'm looking for mounting ideas. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yessir, I run the Kenwood TM-D710 with am APRS module:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...000-UZJ100-Land-Cruiser?p=1277136#post1277136

The face is mounted using Panavise mount in tandem with a Ram setup, I've been really pleased and in fact purchased the sa,w radio (now with the GPS/APRS integrated) for my 200. I'd be happy to grab pics if helpful.

cruiseroutfit

The old girl is still getting some use. I haven't found (made) the time to finish everything I need to on the 200, it's still missing some vital things such as comms, fridge mounting and wiring, etc. Nothing that would keep me from using it but the 100 is just "set & forget", load food, fuel and go. Some recent trip pics.

IMGP1025 (Small).jpg

IMG_6724 (Small).JPG

IMG_7034 (Small).JPG

IMG_6379 (Small).JPG

cruiseroutfit

How do the arb drawers attach to the vehicle? How big of a job would it be to remove and then reinstall them?

In the 80, 100 & 200 they mount using existing holes (seat mounting and seatbelt) in the floor. But, taking them in and out would still take an hour or two and I think over time (many cycles) they would get damages, hardware would fail, etc. They are a very stout system and super durable, but they are not designed to come in and out and it's my opinion doings of would be moe of a pain than it is worth unless you're doing it just once a season?

And a pic of the 100 from a desert race yesterday, airing up tires in the 200 race rig

image.jpg

cruiseroutfit

So yeah, I still have the old gal. Despite many threats to sell I just haven't made the jump. I would have loved to have finished up the 200 by now (and feel lame) but I have not and thus the 100 still lingers. Plus, if you're headed to Mexico with 3 other pals do you really want them stinking up the new rig when the old one is seasoned? :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier