Project Hundy Build Thread - 2000 UZJ100 Land Cruiser

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Great build and very well documented. I've been really impressed with the 100 to date. Very capable and superbly comfortable vehicle.

All you need is a Turbo Diesel manual in it :sombrero:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Great build and very well documented. I've been really impressed with the 100 to date. Very capable and superbly comfortable vehicle.

All you need is a Turbo Diesel manual in it :sombrero:

While that TD/Man would run all over my economy, I'm excited to see what the SC'd 4.7 does power wise :D

Your 100 is a fantastic setup, really enjoyed checking it out :cool:

cruiseroutfit

And now that the build thread has reached the end of the 48 hour build weekend topics. Time for the video :cool:

Big thanks to my pal Jason for capturing all the footage of the build before and during. The post build pictures are courtesy of my pals in Canguro Racing and some of my own shots. And last but not least Steve from Stan Productions here in Utah for the editing and compilation of the video. Started in 2013, Stan Productions is a film company dedicated to creative short videos that highlight companies, product, and projects. If your interested in having them help with a project, I'll vouch for them. Contact them direct @ stanfilmproduction@gmail.com

Well, what do you think?

Last edited:
I'm sure I'm late to the game, so please forgive me for not reading through all of the posts. As an owner of a well-built Hundy myself –*470, actually – what is the benefit of the bars going from the bumper to the sliders? Is that something I should invest in? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cruiseroutfit

I'm sure I'm late to the game, so please forgive me for not reading through all of the posts. As an owner of a well-built Hundy myself –*470, actually – what is the benefit of the bars going from the bumper to the sliders? Is that something I should invest in? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you have to ask... you don't need them :D

J/K

They are simply fender protection and they do offer a bit more structure for the front bumper as well albeit minor. I've had similar bars on my FJ40 for 12 years now and have really come to enjoy the added protection and the ability to 'glance' deadfall, animal strikes, etc. They surely are not for everyone as the look is a bit clunky but I'm after the function given the scope of uses this truck has.

ARB Side Rails & Step/Sliders - I was a bit torn on what to do for slider/steps, there are plenty of fantastic options on the market but I wasn't 100% sold on any of them. I've had side rails installed on my FJ40 since we built it over nearly 12 years ago now, while there have been numerous occasions I would have wished for a narrow 'rock-crawler' bumper offering more clearance and approach, there have been far more in which the side rails and heavy duty front bumper really saved the day, saving fenders, etc. Given the fact this build will likely never see a trail like Pritchett or the Rubicon, the minor loss of clearance from a heavy duty front bumper and side rails is a non-issue. With that in mind, I chose the the ARB Step/Slider (ARB Part# 4413250) which allow use of the ARB Side Rails (ARB Part# 4413260) which tie the sliders to the front bumper. My experience has shown they are a great fit and will meet the needs I have for this vehicle. If I wasn't planning to run the ARB Side Rails, I may have gone a different route with the step/sliders but I'm confident these will do the trick.
(This was part of the original build scope notes)

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
While that TD/Man would run all over my economy, I'm excited to see what the SC'd 4.7 does power wise :D

Your 100 is a fantastic setup, really enjoyed checking it out :cool:

I'm interested to see what the SC'd 4.7 will come out as. I should update my build now after reading this, spent a bit of time at the diesel tuner the day before I picked you guys up. Should have been evident by the grin on my face...

Really enjoyed the video. Well put together. Funny watching a vehicle similar to yours being built in such a short time frame.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
An amazingly complete and well thought out Hundy. Loved the video. Who's singing on the soundtrack? Very catchy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles