30 -55 gallon drum heaters..barrel heaters?? heating water in polypropylene tanks

Truefire

Truefire
Any of you guys ever had any experience with drum heaters designed for those 30 and 55 gallon metal drums? I was wondering how hot most of them get? I was thinking of purchasing one of the smaller 30 gallon drum heaters to heat water inside of a polypropylene tank. Not sure if I even could do such a thing, I am thinking the heat output is going to be too high on most all brands/makes for the polypropylene being they are made for metal drums. Never know!

I need to pick the water temps up inside this take to work in consolidation with a point of use heater in place at the output.

Chris

Truefire

Truefire
Yes the clamp on type that strap around the outside of cylindrical drums is what i was looking for, initially. However, if there are other types on the market that were better adapted to wrapping around a rectangular, polypropylene water tank inside my camper that would be perfect. :jumping:

Just looking to heat the water to 100+ degree temps. I was wondering if there are specific makes which are designed with lower set thermostats as opposed to what I have discovered online that all seem to be for the metal drums? Or pehaps, others that would not get hot enough to get the polypropylene into its plastic range?

Thanks, Chris

briskheat

Hi Chris,

There are drum heaters out there specifically for plastic drums. They have lower wattage and a set-point up to 160F to protect the drum from scorching or melting.

Check out http://www.briskheat.com/c-4-drum-heaters.aspx for ordering information. There are several styles to choose from and are available as 30 gallon standard.

You can order them online. Call 1-800-848-7673 with any questions you may have. Hope this helps.

Truefire

Truefire
Thanks guys, i was planning on using one of these for my rectangular polypropylene water tank in my hard shell, custom slide in camper I made. Unbeknowst to me at the time of the question but they actually make a rectangular heating pad that runs off of a 12VDC system, for RV users to prevent their tanks from freezing. I think one of these might work well with my point of use, electric shower head. I just need to be able to take warm shower in this cold weather. :REOutCampFire03:

Thanks guys for your responses none the less., great help.

Chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier