finally bought a fridge/freezer, anyone owned a Tundra freezer?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I just figured it out and am messing with temp ranges for each setting. But even on the lowest setting the cup of water I put in there around 4pm is too cold to put my finger in for more than a few seconds but isn't icing over. I adjusted it one setting cooler and will keep doing this every hour or so until the water freezes to find the freezing point on the settings. The Danfoss compressor is pretty quiet.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Before bed last night I put it on the coldest setting and woke up to find the cup of water frozen solid. I won't be using the freezer to freeze things very often, as most items will already be frozen prior to putting them in there, but it is nice to know this thing works great and will freeze food if needed. The compressor only kicks on every 30 minutes or so unless the lid is opened, so it maintains temps very well inside. I was also reading the owner's manual to find out it has a built-in low voltage cut-out and will switch off at 10.4 volts to save the battery. So at this point I'm thinking the $106 I paid for this is money very well spent. I'm not sure what other freezers on the market in the 45qt size come with a Danfoss compressor and a low voltage setting, but it seems most are over $600. And even better, one of the baskets I picked up fits the bottom and another fits the top perfectly. I'm going to unplug it with the ice block and some ice cubes in a small bowl in there to see how it does overnight with the lid closed.

Attachments

• WP_000849.jpg
    WP_000849.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 29
  • WP_000852.jpg
    WP_000852.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 28
  • WP_000853.jpg
    WP_000853.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 30
  • WP_000854.jpg
    WP_000854.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 28

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
So after 8 hours after being unplugged there was some melting along the edges of the ice and after 12 hours the ice was about half melted, but if it were full of frozen items and kept closed I think they would keep frozen if it was left unplugged overnight. Next test is to hook it up to my spare Optima after I charge it and see how long it takes to reach the 10.4 volt cut-out.

Attachments

• WP_000861.jpg
    WP_000861.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 38
  • WP_000912.jpg
    WP_000912.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 38

Woods

Explorer
Just found this thread. You must have been really nice to a whole bunch of people to get this score.

Both baskets fit??? Are you kidding me. Next you'll figure out is has a nuclear battery that only needs to be replaced every 100 years.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just found this thread. You must have been really nice to a whole bunch of people to get this score.

Both baskets fit??? Are you kidding me. Next you'll figure out is has a nuclear battery that only needs to be replaced every 100 years.

We used it 3 weekends in August and love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online