Beware of Sierra4x4Trailers

RMZ

They look to have great stuff, but they lack the capability to deliver product as agreed and lie to the customer. Unfortunately, this is going on with multiple customers. Check their BBB rating. Check all the forums. The same thing is happening over and over.

I sure won't go as far to tell anybody NOT to buy stuff from them, but just understand what you are getting into.

BigDogKona

Agreed. I bought a trailer from Chris last year. He does not follow through when he says he'll do something. Story after story of people waiting months upon months for trailers and parts.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Welcome to ExPo. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Thanks for the heads up, but like grimbo said, there are/were multiple threads on the topic.

As to this being odd for a first post, it is. Become part of the community first before crying 'wolf!'. You'll have more of an impact. ;)

Fresno

Adventurer
Yes we know, already threads on it.

Bit odd your first post is that

Your standard "welcome" to new members. Why are you surprised that Chris Dickerson / Sierra 4x4 has added another victim to his body count? Get used to hearing from ripped off customers.

grimbo

Explorer
Not doubting the evidence any more, just saying he mentions its on various boards wouldn't you then also either scroll down to the bottom of the first page to one of the Sierra threads or search for the enevitable thread?

RMZ

Not doubting the evidence any more, just saying he mentions its on various boards wouldn't you then also either scroll down to the bottom of the first page to one of the Sierra threads or search for the enevitable thread?

Sorry for being late to the community. I am newish to the Overland thing. Trust ME. I wish I would have done more exploring these sites before jumping in and trusting him.

Also trust that I have given that company ample time and ability to make this right. I hate to bash anybody and really don't even blame Chris. It is totally my fault for trusting.

I have an old M style custom trailer that I needed a lid for. I typically build all my own stuff, but didn't have time to take on another project before my trip this fall. I checked and double checked with Chris on the delivery and even gave myself a few weeks buffer. He promised he would deliver a few times. Well, NO lid and no communication. I plan to build my own this winter now.

Anyway. Enjoy the day, enjoy the outdoors....and remember to thank a veteran today.

R

toymaster

Explorer
If things stay the same I'd say the "business" has another year left. I am one of the lucky ones that got a custom trailer in a reasonable amount of time however, later than contractually obligated. Expo is a small world and he has shot himself in the foot on public forums. The only way to survive now is to mass produce trailers and get them out there so, it is an instant deal for the consumer. If you make it they will come sort of proposition. I can also take the guess he does not have the capital for that venture. A great niche product with a demand; sad really, an opportunity lost because of the lack of basic business knowledge.

joker2041

Adventurer
I bought a trailer from Manley ORV and its awesome. They have plenty of stock sitting in their warehouse as well.

You won't find better customer service either.

Sent from my iMind with pure genius.

nickmimi

Adventurer
Finally took delivery last night. We ordered our trailer in April. Was promised a delivery of no more than 8-12 weeks. Really took a lot of the fun out of it due to the frustration. It is a really nice trailer.

TheJosh

Explorer
i was wondering if anybody has has any dealings with these guys lately? was trying to call them today but no one answered. i want to order a lid for my 416

Jevy

Adventurer
Last I heard it was a 1 year wait. I had a local sheetmetal company make me one for about 30% less than the S4x4 would have cost. fyi

i was wondering if anybody has has any dealings with these guys lately? was trying to call them today but no one answered. i want to order a lid for my 416

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles