Overland Navigator: New product launch

PCRover

Adventurer
What I am asking is will I need to buy the Software with the WA maps even if I only want CA? Or will you be offering the option to pick your state?

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
You are right, I misunderstood.

If you want just California you will not be required to purchase Overland Navigator Washington. You will be able to buy "Overland Navigator - California" which will include:

* Overland Navigator Software
* USGS Topographic Basemaps for California (1:24k, 1:100k, 1:250k)

The same will be true for all the other states that are released.

Craig

craig

I'm here most days so I'll definitely post up when other states are ready.

If you'd like to be notified personally visit the website and submit a request via the contact form (no registration necessary).

Craig
http://www.overlandnavigator.com

Last edited:

egn

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
OVERLAND NAVIGATOR SOFTWARE RELEASED
FIRST TOPOGRAPHIC MAPPING SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR TOUCHSCREEN / PEN BASED COMPUTERS

TTQV with touchscreen mode is available for many years.

I use it since several years. The combination of TTQV on a notebook for planning and PathAway on my HTC Advantage for navigation is currently the ideal combination for me.

craig

Washington (new version) and Oregon are completed and will be sent to the DVD publisher in 1-2 weeks (final testing and graphics still need to get prepped).

A US Wide 1:100k version is about 1 week from going into alpha testing.

After that, I'm going to start work on the next version of the software to try and incorporate the feedback I've received from the initial release.

Craig

overlander

Expedition Leader
I still owe you that feedback from me. I'll be the first buyer once the 100k version is in, so I can get it incorporated into roadrunner and get off road situational awareness at the highest level, and save having to buy and integrate topo 7 as an interim solution.

is it easy to add additional states? Once I start using the roverpc, I'll have more interface feedback to give you. in the meantime, if I have moving map with displayed coordinates (in a variety of datums to include mgrs) and altitude, and the means to enter a goto waypoint with navigation course arrow (with distance remaining), that checks the block. I could care less about 3D rendering as a priority.

craig

Adding an additional state is as simple as inserting a DVD and clicking through the an installer wizard. Removing a state (or US wide version) is as simple as running the windows uninstaller for the specific set of maps that you want to remove.

I'll add the features you've requested that aren't included now to my short list of items for the next version. They are easy to implement and features that I want as well. In the next version the only choice for coordinate display will be lat/lon/WGS84 but I'll add support for the common SAR and military coordinate systems in the near future.

I think you've already submitted these feature requests, but if you have others in the future please e-mail them to support@spatialminds.com and they will go into the feature tracking system insuring that they won't get lost.

Craig

Last edited:

overlander

Expedition Leader
sweet. so what's the predicted release time frame for the 100k? I wont' hold you to it, just want to get a sense of scale (weeks, months, quarters, etc)?

craig

overlander said:
sweet. so what's the predicted release time frame for the 100k? I wont' hold you to it, just want to get a sense of scale (weeks, months, quarters, etc)?

Contact me directly when you get a chance and we can talk in more detail but a VERY rough timeline would be 3-8 weeks.

Craig

craig

The latest version of Overland Navigator is now available. In addition to software enhancements, we now have map-pack support for most western states down to 1:24k and maps for the entire US down to 1:100k.

http://www.spatialminds.com

JPFreek1

Explorer
Craig, I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but are there plans, or is there current availability, for a Mac-compatible version of this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier