Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Overland Navigator: New product launch

sweet!
    Mark
    Land Rover NAS 110 #234, 2.8 TGV Turbo Diesel
    HAM Tecnician call sign: KM4BOR
    Chronically suffering from wanderlust...
    My Land Rover Profile: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35729

so is Overland Navigator for the PC (2.1) a dead-end product?

- it's no longer being sold as a boxed product, and there is no online store yet to purchase it in download form...
    - the new iOS release is named version 3.0 instead of it being a separate product...

so have you abandoned those of us that have no interest in tablets, nor could give 2 sh!ts about any mac product ever made?

No, I have not abandoned Windows. Overland Navigator 3.0 for iOS will be developed first, then the Windows version. At this time, the Windows version is about 30% complete.

The new online store with digital downloads should be up and running this week. Amazon webstore tech support misunderstood a request I made asking "How I close my store when I'm ready?" as "Please close my store now". This caught me flat footed and I'm scrambling to get the new store online.

Craig
    Last edited by craig; 04-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    Turn your computer into a GPS with detailed Topo maps
    Overland Navigator - Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    No, I have not abandoned Windows. Overland Navigator 3.0 for iOS will be developed first, then the Windows version. At this time, the Windows version is about 30% complete.

The new online store with digital downloads should be up and running this week. Amazon webstore tech support misunderstood a request I made asking "How I close my store when I'm ready?" as "Please close my store now". This caught me flat footed and I'm scrambling to get the new store online.

Craig
    awesome! (that you are keeping up a PC version - not that Amazon hosed you, sorry to hear that, I've been in the exact same situation with a service vendor before.)

do you ever anticipate making vector-based maps with routing capability an option? what about higher detail aerial/sat imagery? 3D views? integration with an open source street map provider?

thanks!

Yep, I've given A LOT of thought to vector maps, routing, better imagery, 3D views (vector only), and OSM integration. They are all features I'd like to implement.
    Turn your computer into a GPS with detailed Topo maps
    Overland Navigator - Facebook

Any hope for Canadian topo maps?
    Toyota Land Cruiser HDJ81
    Audi B5 S4

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112