bfdiesel's F350 Crew Cab

bfdiesel

Explorer
No I still need to put the headlights and grill back in. Should be tonight, it has been on the christening run down to the plant and back from Cole's house. Everything seems to work well shifts well, brakes work well, cruise works. I need to get a chunk of 8 inch channel and some 1 1/2 inch pipe to build one of these:
ford.jpg

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice to see its in your sig now:). I was going to say something earlier, but figured it should be running first... No need to jinx anything.

bfdiesel

Explorer
The whole jinx thing was the reason it stayed off. Has plates and started traveling. Now it is just detail stuff.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Had to go play in the snow
IMG_0339[1].JPG
IMG_0340[1].JPG
Did doughnuts was a blast.

Found out why the hot air was barely blowing. This was inside the air box looking at the evaporator.
IMG_0342[1].JPG

bfdiesel

Explorer
I also change the trans and t case fluid. Made a good difference, it will still jump out of 2nd when cold but it shifts much smoother and runs quieter. Trans fluid came out brown and t case came out nice and red.

Still need to put in a new front pinion seal and a new rear pass side wheel seal. Probly won't be until the weather lets up though.

Rot Box

Explorer
Good to hear its working out for ya :bike_rider:

Do you know what ultimately killed the other engine? Does look like it got really hot!

bfdiesel

Explorer
The ultimate death was the dropped valve, what caused the build up of heat is unknown. Also now I need a raditor as the heat from the burned up motor seems to have removed some of the solder from the top tank near the water return nipple.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Yes Silla radiators are not worth the material they are made from, my 8 year old could weld aluminum as well as they do and probably keep the core straight while he did it.

I would like the champion, but they are out of stock with no availability date and have been for two months. It is looking more and more like the old one will just need to be rebuilt.

With no turbo I am not to worried about cooling it and since I am looking at a cummins swap in the future it only needs to hold onto life but for so long anyway.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Not the best pictures, but this Silla radiator was an inch or better out of square and it was welded that way not bent! The welds don't show up as ugly in the pictures as they were in real life. VERY poor quality, I would not ever recommend buying anything with Silla written on it.
IMG_0455[1].JPGIMG_0456[1].JPGIMG_0457[1].JPG

So I am still in need of fixing my radiator and I am probly just going to pull the one I have and get it rebuilt. I just need a week to take it out of service as it is my daily driver with the baconator broken.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Not the best photo, but I found this when my front brakes started grinding the other day. The lower pin for the caliper was MIA. Managed to catch it before it ate to far into the wheel ground out less than a 1/16th of aluminum.
IMG_0530[1].JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz