10,000 Pound Winch & accessories at Sam's Club

Steve Curren

Explorer
I also have been wanting a winch, I also have a Jeep and I need to keep the airflow moving along as I have a 3 core radiator. Will the Warn 8000 be low enough to permit good air flow?
Thanks for the info.

Steve

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Here's my Jeep setup, Warn 8000 on a Collins Brothers winchplate with a Smittybilt SCR front bumper. I've had it now for 6 months and even when the temps were in the high 90s and sitting in what passes for traffic here, I've never had the temp guage go up. I've only had to use it 3 times so far, Pulling the neighbors mothers car out of a yard, and winching two trees out of our creek (didn't want to bring the dozer down for a couple of small trees). I've been planning to mount the control box under the hood, but you know how that goes.

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
I have an ancient warn that still runs with no problems. I am planning on a New Warn this year, so have started setting aside money in small doses the wife won't notice. I'm planning on either the M12000 or the M15000. If my 25yr old winch is any indication of what I can expect from a new one i'm sold.

Of course I do have a bulldog winch on my other jeep that I bought from a local shop that I have beat on pretty good and it still lives up to my needs. Was a lot less pricey than a Warn.

ginericLC

Adventurer
I'm on an anti-China boycott so I won't do it myself. A lot of folks in Idaho are running Tmax winches. They seem to be a pretty decent quality unit. I only know of one that was taken back and it turns out it was operator error but they didn't charge him shipping either way. These can be purchased at Summit Racing under their name for pretty cheap. You can buy a 10k for $524. These are not the low low quality of the Champion or even Milemarker electrics, they are actually a decent winch. I'm holding out for another Warn or a Ramsey. I can't support a communist country with slave labor with the elite getting rich off of the process.

computeruser

Explorer
Steve Curren said:
I also have been wanting a winch, I also have a Jeep and I need to keep the airflow moving along as I have a 3 core radiator. Will the Warn 8000 be low enough to permit good air flow?
Thanks for the info.

Steve

Using the Ramsey mount plate, this is how an M8000 sits on a TJ:

Dam_Crossing.jpg

It can be even lower if mounted to a plate that sits forward of the swaybar, or mounted directly to a bumper. You can get about 2" lower that way, if you're really concerned about airflow.

Steve Curren

Explorer
I have a Body Armor front bumper and I believe that I can get it low enough. Between the two pictures I have seen I am sure that the airflow will be fine.
Thnaks to all,
Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles