ARB LandCruiser - modded to fit Chevy

Spargman

Adventurer
Back in May, I decided to move forward and purchase an ARB Bumper to hold my Talon Superwinch.

I liked what ARB had for Chevy's, but I REALLY like the Land Cruiser bumper - it didn't stick out as far.

With that in mind, after seeing someone do this on a GMT800/NBS rig...I thought I'd give it a try. I knew the measurements were really close between the 400 and 800, and I was leaving in a few weeks on my expedition; so out came the welding gear.

With that in mind, I needed someone to fit this new bumper to my truck - in comes Liquid Iron Industries. They have an incredible reputation in the industry with Racing Buggies, RockCrawlers - you name it, if it has 4 wheels, they fab on it. As luck would have it, my bumper arrived a few weeks late which only gave me 4 days to complete the mod!!!

Tim owns Liquid Iron and after I updated him on the status of the bumper, he promised he could make it happen, even last minute. Well, the bumper arrived via freight Thursday evening and friday morning Tim and I went to town on the bumper in his shop; Tim is a man of his word.

Within a few hours, we made a few notches in the Tahoe, CNC'd custom mounts and the fit was PERFECT. I've seen this bumper on Land Cruisers, and I'm not kidding when I say Liquid Iron was able to make it fit better on my rig, then ARB had it fitting on a Land Cruiser.

Here are some pics for you guys. Also, if you're thinking of this mod, Tim saved all the specs from CNC machine...so I'm sure he could make you a set. Within the next few weeks I'm heading back to have the hoops raised b/c we ran out of time the day I was there.

That is also the Liquid Iron LED bar (nice & bright) - while I was there he fabbed and painted a mount so it fit the ARB's original mounts.

Custom Mounts
MountingBracket_2.jpg

Shaved the ends to fit the Chevy fender
BumperShave.jpg

Notched it to the bumper would slide in
PlasticCut.jpg

Final Product
Completed_front.jpg

LOKNLOD

Does it block the headlights as badly as it looks? I realize you've got the other lights but they're not going to be traffic-friendly. That may not be a concern.

Spargman

Adventurer
I run HIDs in the front and was really surprised to see how well it still performed...even with the bumper loops there, it's better then OEM.

With that in mind, I'm actually going back to the shop to have the hoop section raised. We didn't have enough time while I was there to complete everything.

Spargman

Adventurer
Thanks Casey - once the hoops are raised and I install the ARB fogs, I'll finally breathe a sigh of relief that it's done!!

arveetek

Adventurer
I'd really like to get one for my rig too! I'm thinking of having a local guy custom fab me one, though.

Casey

Spargman

Adventurer
It's a nice mod, great looking bumper.

Give Tim @ Liquid Iron Industries a call for the brackets. It might help you save a bit b/c he has the specs saved and can throw it on the CNC table...with regards to fitment, he nailed it.

I found him through Pirate4x4 and have been very happy with his work so far.

Last edited:

Spargman

Adventurer
Hopefully now that's its warming up I can complete the install of the fog lights...one came cracked in the mail, so I need to send it back.

I wonder if ARB will accept the return after all these months...hope so!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94