Advice: Cascadia Vehicle Tents Pioneer Trailer

BretEdge

Adventurer
I've got an FJ Cruiser. And a family. And two dogs. We mountain bike, hike, canyoneer, camp, road trip and of course, go wheelin'. Needless to say, the FJ is cramped. So, I'm now looking into off-road trailers. I've looked at pretty much everything on the market (online) and keep coming back to the Cascadia Vehicle Tents Pioneer trailer, primarily because of the price and features it offers. I can't afford to pay $13,000 for an Adventure Trailer with all the options (tent, fridge, stove & sink, etc.). The Pioneer is priced at $5,995 without a tent, which is within reach.

I searched the forum for this topic and found a few posts about the CVT tents (mostly positive) but nothing about their trailers. Anyone have any experience with them? If so, how do they hold up? They're not as burly as some of the others (Manley, AT, Sierra) but I'm not going to take it on anything more difficult than the White Rim and some of the 4x4 trails in the San Juan mountains of southwest Colorado.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
How the hell could you beat that price...treat it with some respect, and I'd bet that trailer would last a long time.

Good luck

TheThom

Adventurer
That thing looks awesome and the Thanksgiving sale price is unreal! Pull the trigger and I can't imagine you'll regret it.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
excellent price!! Bobby stands behind his stuff too, so I am sure if you ever had any issues he would fix you up.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I havent seen their trailers before but that's an awesome price for what you get. I'd strongly consider it if I was in the market for a trailer right now.

Woods

Explorer
I'm going to play devil's advocate here.

That's a lot of trailer for only 750 lbs. If it's steel, then it must be using very thin sheet. Not necessarily a problem, but You'll want to line the steel sheet with something to protect it from getting dented on from the inside.

I don't know what the wall thickness is of the trailing arms. Looking at the design, it better be .25".

Are these made in China?

I'd definitely want to see some reviews from guys that have used them some, before pulling the trigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz