Another Cummins truck: 91.5 W250, the "Blue Ox"

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
I began working on my front bumper, getting parts made, bending pipe and tube. I spent about 8 hours this weekend on it, getting the center section welded, which I did myself, and then fitting tubing and getting it tacked up. I still have to place shackle lugs, then the final welding, but maybe by week's end, it will be ready for blasting and paint.

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
Truck in action with new bumper. I plan to replace the roller fairlead with a hawse type, even though I have the steel rope. I could use recommendations on the best option. I heard the Warn cast iron hawse is made in China, so I'd prefer a delrin american made product. The tabs in the center are to mount a plow lift.

Last edited:

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
Anyone interested in having a nicer ride and getting a little lift or ditching the rear blocks?

The kit consists of:
- stout I-beam design shackle brackets in 1/4" steel (mig welded) with grease fitting
- strong 3/8" plate steel shackles
- 5/8" Grade 8 shackle and leaf spring pivot bolts.
- Quality urethane eye bushings for shackle bracket and your leaf spring (1 1/2" ID)
- M12 Grade 8 frame hardware will be supplied, to fit in factory holes
- Designed with factory bolt pattern, no drilling all new holes like other brands

PM or visit www.archivegarage.com

Last edited:

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
Here is my review of the Diamond Eye 4" exhaust system K4211A
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dep-k4211a/overview/make/dodge

I really like the quality of the piping in this kit. I do think DE missed the mark on the 2nd pipe after the downpipe which jogs around the transfer case, I don't think mine was bent right as it didn't align properly and it's 1/8" from the tcase, so it rattles on it at idle. Performance difference is very noticeable which surprised me, the stock 21cm housing turbo spools much quicker now, it makes plowing snow and towing easier. I'd say due to the quicker spool of the turbo I could feel about a 30 lbft gain at 1500rpm, and 10 peak hp at 2500rpm. The exhaust widens the narrow stock power band which is much needed. The sound is muted with the muffler, so it's perfect for mature males with mustaches. I think its a good exhaust, especially for the money.

I would still like to get an HX35 or HY35 turbo with a 16cm housing for tractor like torque

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
A new lift spring hanger has been designed and built for the front of the rear spring location to add more lift. I have plans to clean and paint the frame of my truck, and get a replacment bed on truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles