5x10 enclosed cargo trailer, aka "El Burro"

kraqus

Norcalwood
I finally got my Trailer !!!
The Manufacturer is Carson and the Model is "Racer". It is a solid tube frame all around, hands down the best trailer of many I saw before committing. I had it custom made with a walk on roof and extended tongue (A-frame) It has a 3500 Torflex axle hence the low height.

I have many plans for it and this will be a work in progress for some time. I am saving money now to get doors, windows and other parts. I am not a welder but I am happy that I found a really cool guy that will do all the modifications I want. He is a Professional welder with a shop and all and has help me in the past with other projects. Very reasonable prices too.

Here are a couple of pic from my phone.
I will get more detailed pics when I get a chance.

Burro1.jpg

Burro2.jpg

Benny

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Kragus ,now are you going to attach the tepui autana to the top eventually? I had tlk to you before i bought my tepui like your.If i remember you said you would be at sometime. Because thats what im going to do someday to use at Swamp meets and selling for my wifes buissiness. If you are I will be watching and good luck nice trailer mine is a5x10 like yours except round roof

kraqus

Norcalwood
Yes, the Autana is going on the Top of this Trailer.
I am also looking for a small RTT that I will use for my solo trips on top of my truck.
So far the "Ayer" Model from Tepui seems to be the one I will eventually get.

Benny

rangerdogg

Adventurer
So what is your plan for the trailer. Ya the ayer looks real nice too and the smallest I have seen. I had a few problems with my annex it leaked a few times when I went camping a couple time not sure if they had a problem with a few.I had to keep on it with evan about problem.He didnt understand why it was leaking .I bought it because of extra room and I wanted a dry lower room thats why i bought th e annex for gear and kids. Both trips i had to use a beach towel to wipe up and it was soaked when I was done. I got a new one but never got chance yet to use and the first night i had to repair my new ldder just to get buy to use it. It was collapseing with weight on it. Took me 2 hrs to get it to hold weight. I guess sometimes you get a bad one with mass production.I hope next year it will be better.

kraqus

Norcalwood
I am going to ad 1 door and 1 window on each side, plus a window on the front. A rack on top of the trailer for the RTT, OZtent Foxawning, fantastic fan, water tank with shower, solid fenders and adjusting shelves on the inside. The shelves will be solid built and able to sleep a couple of people if needed.

Something like this but vertical railing instead, that way I can move the shelves up and down to accommodate gear:

E-TrackInstalledBedFrame.jpg

Bunks2.jpg

Benny

Last edited:

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
I would seriously raise the axle...one good bump and your going to drive those tires right into the wheel wells...I seen it many times. First thing I did when I got my utility trailer was "flip" the axle (straight axle, not curved) and gained three more inches of clearance.

JJ

kraqus

Norcalwood
There are many things on the list to upgrade.
Yes, torsion axle that is also in the list to be "upgraded". I need the clearance!
I bought it close to Christmas and I got drained financially, so I have not done anything to it yet.
I will definitely have it camp worth it before the good weather rolls in.

p.s: I did get 2 nice doors with windows, can't wait to put them on.

Benny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz