Snowcat camper - Thiokol Imp ratrack

Nikson

Explorer
Nikon very Beautiful job you've done on my old Imp.
I sold it to Bill a couple years ago and have wondered what happened to it.

Now I know again what a great job you did!

Do you know what state it's in now!

Brian

Brian, you talking about the 1402? :)

Its in WA now, new owner is using it for his winter cabin access... He loves it, and has done a good job putting his own finishing touches onto it.

Last of the pictures that I have of it

IMG_6457-29.jpg

Backroad Explorer

Adventurer
Yes Nikson that's the one. A great job on your restore.

I found the New Owners thread on FF. What a great continuation on Your Build.
I'm also following Your 1450 build. What great work you do!

Nikson

Explorer
Yes Nikson that's the one. A great job on your restore.

I found the New Owners thread on FF. What a great continuation on Your Build.
I'm also following Your 1450 build. What great work you do!

They are fun projects...

Snowcats make me want to move to a snow state so I can own one....... Very nice builds.

Thanks, same here, makes me want to move somewhere where its winter all year long...

Nikson

Explorer
Seconded. After reading through this thread yesterday, I proceeded to spend far too long looking at snowcats on Craigslist ... and planning some fun stuff with an old Tucker I found that's not all that far from me.

Snowcats are worse than Jeeps, very contagious, once you get one, you will look for another one... and than another one... and so on, just be careful.
Lots of guys tried the 12 step recovery programs, and most always fail on step 2 :) :) :)

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Great build! I built a few track machines for the seismic industry, they are so much fun. Would you by chance have or know of a mechanical snow cat diff kicking around? I'm looking for one to do a build with Subaru power.
Cheers,
MArk

Nikson

Explorer
Great build! I built a few track machines for the seismic industry, they are so much fun. Would you by chance have or know of a mechanical snow cat diff kicking around? I'm looking for one to do a build with Subaru power.
Cheers,
MArk

All of Craigslist is your friend... keep looking for the OC12 or a C4(OC4) which were used in Thiokols, or a Wiesel rear end, all mechanical/brake steer type.

They are out there, just keep your eye out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94