Hi-Lift Mounting options

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Expo,
Let’s see your hi-lift mounts. Whether home made, shop made, built in the back yard with beer and limited tools (varies slightly from home made), or store bought I’d like to see it. No matter roof rack, front bumper, or rear bumper mounted I'm interested.

theksmith

Explorer
at first...

P1020175.JPG

details: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=284&postcount=57

current setup:

P1040751.JPG

details: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2303&postcount=111

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
My jack is mounted to the top tube of the XV-JP's bumper using Hi-Lift's own tube mounts:

On beach 1.jpg

You can get these from any of the usual suspects. A closer view:
images.ashx

They work well, and I'm very happy with the placement. Blocks a tiny bit of forward vision, but it's not like there was much to begin with.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Mine is pretty shady, I didn't have much time and I wanted to get it mounted before a rally. I just drilled through the roof rack supports and put bolts on, I can remove the jack without removing the bolts too. Here's my set up:
8221453936_4ef78a2d0f_c.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
My jack is mounted to the top tube of the XV-JP's bumper using Hi-Lift's own tube mounts:
They work well, and I'm very happy with the placement. Blocks a tiny bit of forward vision, but it's not like there was much to begin with.

I wonder if I could use these on a rectangular tube [] .

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
The high lift is not something I use very often, so I wanted it in my vehicle out of the elements. I also didn't want to listen to the thing rattle as we bombed around in the desert. I started by removing the base and handle and drilling them out so they can be taken on and off with a hitch pin. Next I nested the jack in a length of cut open fire hose and using cam straps I secured it to the rear of my platform behind the rear seats. The removed handle is kept in place by way of quick fists, and the base is kept in with the recovery gear. Works a treat, not one rattle, and it's out of the element (except the dog hair).

P1011917_2.jpgP1011915_2.jpgP1011918_2.jpg

Expedition Leader
All you need to mount a Hi-lift is two good-sized bolts, so they're pretty easy to put almost anywhere.

IMG_0716.jpg

On one truck, it goes on my rear swing-out bumper set-up:

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

On the other truck, it goes on the side of the roof rack:

mightyMarenwheeler.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I wonder if I could use these on a rectangular tube [] .
Ummmm . . . not sure.

I think it'll could work, but it'd have a lot less contact area and maybe wouldn't stop rotation, though it probably would hold the jack onto the tube fine. If the jack rests against something or if you engineer a pin or tab arrangement to resist rotation, I think it'd be worth a try. Your $65, though. ;)

Here are a couple of pictures of the clamps from the Quadratec website that might help:

Hi-liftt tube mount 2.jpg

Hi Lift tube mount.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
All you need to mount a Hi-lift is two good-sized bolts, so they're pretty easy to put almost anywhere.

Yep. To mount the Hi-Lift to my Sprinter's bumper, we just welded on two bolts and attached the jack with wing nuts, securing it with a small lock put through a hole drilled through one of the bolts.

P1010189.jpg

magilla

Here's mine.
image.jpg

Went to the hard wear store and found these clamps for stoping leaks in cast iron pipe. Changed to a longer carriage bolt and added a wing nut.
image.jpg

The handle isolator keeps everything fairly quiet also.
image.jpg

So first post did I get the pics right?

Mad_Texan

Adventurer
60" mounted in the F150...kept it low and protected from the weather

Attachments

• Jack 2.jpg
    Jack 2.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 87

psykokid

Explorer
No pics atm, but I've got the bar for my hi lift mounted to the back of my baja rack with two bolts with wing nuts. Foot, and actual mechanical portion of the jack live in the bottom of an action packer and handle lives under the rear seat with my stock jack handle.. If i need it i've obviously got the time to put it all together since i'm apparently not going any where.. :)

KAILUAZ

Down wit da Hui
What is the bolt diameter that works best? I'm looking to mount mine to my roof rack. Good looking setups everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles