Hi-Lift Mounting options

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Old thread - I know

Here is a super cheap, yet very secure mounting option not listed here.

I used pipe U-bolts 1.25" and some cut up exercise mat to mount to my Yakima bars. Works fantastic. Total cost was like $2.50. I need it on the outside of the vehicle, and it's only on the truck for trips. :D Very happy with it.

IMG_20140515_065707.jpg

IMG_20140515_065738.jpg

IMG_20140515_065719.jpg

IMG_20140515_065747.jpg

IMG_20140515_065809.jpg

IMG_20140515_065901.jpg

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
^looks very cool but would be a PITA to remove especially when stressing out if you're stuck

Not in practice. It's less than two minutes to remove. 1/4 drive ratchet and socket are in my center console. :)

rk_az

Adventurer
P1110473.jpg

P1110474.jpg

I keep the jack mechanism in its neoprene boot inside the tool box, out of the weather.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Its the only pic I have, but I have mine mounted in my thule ski carrier

it doesnt budge an inch, might not look pretty but its functional

not shown is the gun safety cable securing it to the rack

Last edited:

2scars

Adventurer
Mind your climbing pins leaving it out in the weather like that. They will corrode enough to be sketchy eventually. Take care.

05_ltd

@kevin108 I'm interested in how you mounted it with your RTT? Looks pretty cool and I'm currently trying to come up with a solution for mounting mine.

outofrshell

Adventurer
Grand daughters Trooper I fixed up for her, it is on a swing out I later adjusted it to sit straight

My Trooper, I carry the mechanism inside. Not a great picture but the jack bar is the green bar behind the license plate

Kevin108

Explorer
@kevin108 I'm interested in how you mounted it with your RTT? Looks pretty cool and I'm currently trying to come up with a solution for mounting mine.

I used Hi-Lift's own mounts, the TM-700. They run about $50 on eBay, but there's better pics at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CEODQI
2015-10-15%2013.27.36.jpg

I definitely could have made my own mounts, but I was buying all this stuff while recuperating from arm surgery, so my physical activity was severely limited - so much so that I made a cardboard cutout of the jack to determine placement of the mounts because my arm wasn't well enough to lift the jack. :D
2015-10-14%2013.35.15.jpg

A lot of people have made a similar mount with the far more affordable ballast clamps, but I hadn't learned of them yet when I bought what I used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/330955747614
24682d1376942322t-need-info-mount-hi-lift-p5040004sp3.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
BoltLock Spare tire locks to hold Hi-Lift on

I wanted a fairly secure way to keep the Hi-Lift on the Jeep, when stopping at a hotel, or hiking away from the Jeep for the day.
Also, I don't like to carry a bunch of different keys, so I fab'd up a couple of barrels, and welded some wheel lugs to the stinger to hold the Jack.
Slid a 3/4" thick polyurethane body bushing (left over from another build) on each lug first, for the jack to rest against. Then the barrels sit on top of the jack, and the lug for the locks bolts the whole thing in place. the BoltLock units slide down inside the barrels.

I like having the jack up front for the convenience, and also the engine drowns out any rattling from the jack.

The lock barrels are made from 1-1/4" black pipe, with a piece of 1/4" flat stock welded to the bottom.

The foot plate stays on a Hi-Lift wide base inside the Jeep with a rag stuffed in the lock pin to stop it from rattling as well.
Keeps the honest thieves at bay... ;)

Attachments

• Deer-Valley-Trail.jpg
    Deer-Valley-Trail.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Lock-sleave.jpg
    Lock-sleave.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Jack-lock-1.jpg
    Jack-lock-1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 36

Forum statistics