Corn Salsa

Willman

For those who were at the ET this year......Here you go!...Good stuff!!!

Corn Salsa
  • 2 11oz. cans mexi-corn
  • 3 ripe firm avocados (diced)
  • 1 red onion (diced)
  • 1/4 C. olive oil
  • 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
  • 1 TBSP. mined garlic
  • 3/4 C. Fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
  • 1 TBSP. ground cumin
  • 3 to 6 fresh jalepenopeppers (minced)
  • 1 TBSP. oregano dried flakes
  • 1/2 C. lime juice (about 3 limes)
  • Salt to taste

-Serve with Frito Scoops corn chips
-This goes great with pork loin medallions
-It will taste better if it sits covered in the refrigerator for a day before you serve.

DSC03541.jpg

Enjoy!

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I agree. Great recipe. Thanks for posting. I for one, plan to replicate this at home and enjoy it again.:chowtime:

Dave

Explorer
My wife makes something similar, awesome stuff. It really does get better if you can let it sit and soak for little while before eating it.

Real easy to ruin your dinner when that stuff comes out of the fridge!

efuentes

Explorer
Try putting it in the fridge the night before without the cilantro and lime juice, add them 15 minutes before eating.

Saludos

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
efuentes said:
Try putting it in the fridge the night before without the cilantro and lime juice, add them 15 minutes before eating.

Saludos

I agree with the cilantro, however we need to have the lime in the avocado or shelf life would be compromised!:chowtime:

Willman

Thinking bacon.......

eurorom said:
I agree with the cilantro, however we need to have the lime in the avocado or shelf life would be compromised!:chowtime:

Ditto.....The avocade and the lime need to get to know each other for a great taste!...but my mother adds the cilantro in and sure does taste good ether way!:chowtime:

Thanks guys for all the kind words......

Next year for the Expedition Trophy....I'm going to add bacon to beat out Mr. DeSanto's little bacon wraps:shakin:

Joanne

Adventurer
Although I rarely put alcohol in food, a shot of gold tequila might give it a distinct flavor. I'd have to make up a batch and try a "before" and "after" to see if it works in the recipe or not.

Joanne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94