Mr Heater Fridge/Freezers

Sun2bfre

Observer
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience with these fridge/freezers? I just noticed them in the Cabelas' site. I was going to order an Engel, then noticed these. Claims to only use .74 amps. I would just get one but I hate being first. I'm always the first to get bit....by everything! Thanks for any input, S

Smksignals

Explorer
It looks like a dressed up Edgestar. I pasted a link for the fridge and their description below. The Edgestar says .75 amps running on AC! DC draws 5.4A @ on 12v or 2.7A @ 24v.

http://www.compactappliance.com/FP4...d=Appliances-Freezers-Portable_Fridge_Freezer

"The FP430 may be powered via AC (0.75A) or DC (5.4A @ 12V DC / 2.7A @ 24 DC) power and comes with cables for both applications. You may plug the unit into both power sources at once and the unit will switch between the two automatically with the AC power being the dominant source. "

4x4junkie

Explorer
FWIW, I measured my Edgestar FP430 pulling 3.8 amps @ 12.6 VDC on my Fluke meter while running in normal mode. I think that 5.4A rating was supposed to be for one of the larger units (even on Fast-Freeze mine only drew 4.5A).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles