2003 F250 V10

murphy744

Adventurer
Well,
I added this one to the stable. Its a 2003 Lariet, one owner with 77k on the clock. Some of the do-dads are:

Full Banks Exhaust w/headers
Banks Chip
Banks Air-Cleaner
ARB rear locker w/4.30 gears
Leer Shell
Air Ride bags
5 1/2" lift
Bilsteins
35" Toyos'
Dual Fox steering stabilizers
Line-X bed
Warn hubs
SSBC Disc brakes

All service records since new (from the dealer), and all reciepts for all the "Do-Dads"

Ya Ya...V10's spit plugs, done the research.....few and far between....and they drink fuel...yep....about 4-6 mpg less than an oil burner, depending who you talk to....

The price was excellent and this thing does not have a scratch on it....very well taken care of by the PO.

Attachments

• IMG_4030.jpg
    IMG_4030.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

murphy744

Adventurer
Thanks Fireman,
It looks even better in person. The under-carraige looks new, no drip or wet spots....hell the axle stickers from the factory are still attached.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Nice score. There have been several threads on Pirate in the towing section about v10's and everyone gives them big thumbs up for longevity and lack of problems. Yeah, they like fuel, but they are bulletproof based on everyone's experience.

Jack

murphy744

Adventurer
And to boot it was a CL score. PO was an LA sheriff deputy, bought a motorhome and decided to buy a jeep to pull behind it.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Very nice purchase, Of all the V10's owners I have talked to they were allhappy with the motors.
So they drink more fuel than most, That can be tweeked with a tuner and driving habits.
Keep posting on the results.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Beautiful! They do spit plugs, but don't let it keep you awake at night. Some do, some don't, and it is no huge deal to fix. I would proudly drive that thing!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
That's a good looking truck! I can't wait to get my White F250 into the body shop this summer for a little paint work to freshen it up.

Don't sweat the plugs. Easy fix that decent Ford techs can do with thier eyes closed now (literally)

I don't see any gears listed? Get some 4.30's or 4.56's under that thing to see what the 6.8 can really do.

Ryan87LX

Observer
I don't post here often, but my last truck was a 2003 F350 with a V10. I really liked it. I'm sure you'll love yours too.

murphy744

Adventurer
Went and picked up my trailer from storage today. Getting ready for our Christmas trip to Zion. The truck pulls like a mule, especially when she gets up to around 3-4k rpm. I'm going to hook up my Scanguage thats in my 80 series to see what kinda mileage I get during the trip.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
My last work truck was an '06 F30 with the V10, 4x4, short bed and extended cab. The replacement forced upon me (government issue) is an '11 Dakota with 3.7l V6 and similar equipment. F350 and half-sized Dakota engines return the same mileage in my driving styles. I'd gladly have the Ford returned. Cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles