The tank, an earth roamer on a budget

Ponyracer

Adventurer
Got his lift in. Wow what a monster!! Got my flares on, lift comes next once my package from ruffstuff shows up. Trying to get my dtupid phone to upload pics. Oh ya I also picked up a grandby 4x4 camper yesterday. Shes getting closer!!

huntsonora

Explorer
Got his lift in. Wow what a monster!! Got my flares on, lift comes next once my package from ruffstuff shows up. Trying to get my dtupid phone to upload pics. Oh ya I also picked up a grandby 4x4 camper yesterday. Shes getting closer!!

Prove it :coffee:

Ponyracer

Adventurer
OK here's a few pics for you pic hounds.

Hummer wheels done, lift installed, bought a camper.

Looking to buy another truck I found thats local, 6.2, banks kit, nv4500, 5.13's, she's rusty but I just want the parts. More to follow!

20131021_151601_zps090f8256.jpg

20131019_123830_zpse1a088c7.jpg

20130902_152624_zpscd4fcc1c.jpg

Camper is about to go under the knife, I'm going to square it up for the flatbed, reskin the camper and the door and put it's location on the pass side. I've got a bunch of windows, prob add in a couple small ones on the reskin. Also have a buddy at work thats a finish capenter/cabinet maker, he's going to hook me up with a custom interior. Good Bye 1970's!!

20130902_152644_zps439382f1.jpg

Ponyracer

Adventurer
The silver bumper thats on my sons K5 was on the front of mine, I have a nice 8274 in the garage we need to get installed. I gave it to him because I picked up an M12 for $300 off CL. (did I mention I love CL?) I need to get off my butt and get a bumper built for my truck and hang my winch.

I'm on the fence about the hummer wheels, I fell into a deal on some Trail Worthy beadlocks with inserts for $400, kept the pvc inserts (swapped them for the plastic ones I had) and resold them for $400. Mine have 1lb of airsoft bbs in them and go down the road surprisingly well. They lose about 3lbs ish of air a week and weigh a metric ton. The truck I'm trying to buy has modular ally wheels on it so I'm thinking about swapping the h1's out and running staun beadlocks.

In case you guys didn't know, you can't use the newer style plastic inserts on the street because the center diameter is larger than needed and they will not center on the wheel. Hence creating an out of round condition inside the wheel. The older rubber inserts are fine as well as the pvc inserts as they fit much tighter. They also sell a hummer washer to help the centering on the older 12b's. 3 per wheel, and what they do is keep the outer ring centered to the inner ring. I haven't tried them as I didn't need them but just in case.

Last edited:

Ponyracer

Adventurer
In these pics I have the TW outers on them with the rock rings installed. Since this truck will never be "wheeled" and will only air down for traction in sand or snow, I swapped them out for my cut stockers and sold the tw ones. Also for reference, the K5 has a 6" lift and 35's on it. Mine has a custom built spring pack for the wieght of a diesel and 6" of lift. Rear is new stock leaves with a shackle flip and 2" blocks.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
OK here's a few pics for you pic hounds.

Hummer wheels done, lift installed, bought a camper.

Looking to buy another truck I found thats local, 6.2, banks kit, nv4500, 5.13's, she's rusty but I just want the parts. More to follow!

View attachment 193989

View attachment 193990

View attachment 193991

Camper is about to go under the knife, I'm going to square it up for the flatbed, reskin the camper and the door and put it's location on the pass side. I've got a bunch of windows, prob add in a couple small ones on the reskin. Also have a buddy at work thats a finish capenter/cabinet maker, he's going to hook me up with a custom interior. Good Bye 1970's!!

View attachment 193992

I like your plan. I want to do the same with mine. I have an '88 keystone and want to add a bathroom with shower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles