'12 JK Rubicon MW3 Edition build

PGT

Adventurer
I'm on the fence about it. I did it on my old TJ and liked the contrast but it was a bit more subtle as they were factory chrome surrounds painted black. It did give it a very unique look on an otherwise stock Jeep.

17bc.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
3.5 RS suspension and wheels are on. JW Speaker lights and other stuff this weekend, if its not too cold.

photo-120.jpg

WKexpedition

Built, not bought!
Great build so far. With all the jk options out there for mods I love how you stuck with AEV for most everything. Gives it a more complete look IMO. Very clean looking. Great job!!

PGT

Adventurer
thanks! I got the TF tire carrier, AEV CHMSL and JW Speaker headlight done today. I sprayed the TF HD carrier with AEV bumper paint to give it a similar finish as the AEV bumper. I'll get some pics tomorrow in daylight....it was cold and dark when I finished tonight.

Here are the pedal covers from Sullivan Racing Products (SRP) from North Carolina. These are made to order and black anodized and I got them last summer but never got around to putting them on. When they first came, the throttle cover was flat but the pedal on the '12 Wrangler is curved. I traced the profile and sent it back and they sent it back with a perfect curve on it. Check out their stuff...www.srpracing.com

E84B5982-18BF-4D1E-8EB3-3CD5DA24C175-9830-00000CF2BD5EDBF6.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
the Terflex HD carrier is a nice piece. The tire carrier itself, however, is not ideal. You have to press in the wheel studs...something hard for the DIY'er. TF recommends using a wheel nut and impact to draw the stud into the metal mounting plate. That didn't work for me. I had to use a hammer to pound them in, flattening out the back. I shot them with some AEV paint to cover up the powdercoating I knocked off and any raw metal. One stud is slight loose in there.....I don't expect to be taking the spare on/off but I hope it never catches me in a bind where the stud spins instead of letting the lugnut loosen up.

I might see if they can send me a replacement plate and studs so I can have a shop press them in properly. Either that or have my local shop tack weld the studs in place and I'll shoot it black (probably easiest).

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
You have to press in the wheel studs...something hard for the DIY'er. TF recommends using a wheel nut and impact to draw the stud into the metal mounting plate. That didn't work for me. I had to use a hammer to pound them in, flattening out the back. I shot them with some AEV paint to cover up the powdercoating I knocked off and any raw metal. One stud is slight loose in there.....I don't expect to be taking the spare on/off but I hope it never catches me in a bind where the stud spins instead of letting the lugnut loosen up.

That is how I have always seated studs. Did your impact not have enough power to pull them through?

PGT

Adventurer
Bad *** JK!! Hopefully Mine will look like this! How are the MTRKs in the snow?

not so great. I was able to spin all four in 4H from a standstill, without much throttle. I had hoped to get some 35x10.5 or 11.50 but nobody makes anything but 12.50 it seems. Narrower is better in the snow.

That is how I have always seated studs. Did your impact not have enough power to pull them through?

Plenty of power....so much so that the studs kept spinning vs. pulling in. Even after pounding them with a hammer first to "set" the splines, the impact still spun them free. :-/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior