94 Gmc Sonoma Rebuild

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have owned this truck almost 4 years. It has not been used in 2 years. Parts have been used on other rigs.

The plan is to install narrower Toyota front and rear axles. Then remove the 3" body lift left over from its 2wd days. Lower it a few inches.in the front and.clear 33/35 tires.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have a large pile of parts building up at the local Oreilly.

New brakes bearings seals steering. They have really gone the.extra mile for me.

I did manage to get some work done today. I was able to get 8 of the needed 16 bolts to pull my body lift off. So the cab is back down to where it should be. We also where able yo measure how the Toyota parts will fit. This should turn.out nice.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Not much more.for.Saturday got done. I did dig out some things like my.power inverter and dual battery wiering. Sunday the lady wanted to.go.take pictures. So we ran to Cook City finding we could not get there up the Bear Tooth hwywe went.The we truck is still up there .I know what Saturday project is now.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Zshe used to.clear 40s. This truck was built in a weekend. to go play with my.dad. Now I'm after much.more.usable truck.

98dango

Expedition Leader
It's currently going more backward than forward. Got the leaky 241 out today. A friend needed the shift fork and rail for his 51 Willys. My 231/205 doubler should be a better set up.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Today is front axle build day. It's time to install all the trail gear parts. the he wiped seals are a bear to install but are a great fit. pictures to come in a little bit.

98dango

Expedition Leader
For now the front will stay open. I will install a zip or arb locker this summer when I do the 4.8 v8 and 5speed.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I ordered what I hope to be the last of the parts needed for this go.around.

Steering box (astro van)
Steering linkage (all pro offroad)
Steering arms (trail gear)
Front axle rebuild (trail gear Oreillys)
Brake caliper (86 fj Oreillys)
Brake rotors ( 86 fj Oreillys)l
32 spline input 205 (offroad design)
205 (84 1ton)
231 (91 s10)
Front leaf springs (91 s10 rear)
Rear leaf spring (stock for.now)
Transmissions (84 blazer 700r4)
Motor (stock 270k)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members