Need help.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
So I want to mount a cutting board in the door of my side locker but what do I use to attach the large umhw cutting board? I don't want bolts through the door or cutting board but I don't know what apoxy will stick to the umhw to hold it to the door. Any input would be great. Thanks:confused:

MC4X4

Observer
Try some 3m or Wurth double sided tape. I used some of the wurth tape the other day and we tried to pull it apart an couldn't. I don't know wether you have wurth products in the US but I will get you the part number and the name tomorrow when I get to work.
Cheers MC

kevint

Adventurer
Whatever you use, roughing the surface of the plastic couldn't hurt.

If you use an adhesive, what will you do if the cutting board breaks? Maybe you could make a frame for the cutting board so that it can be removed, cleaned and replaced.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Make it removable, even plastic cutting boards will harbor bacteria.
Make a channel slide that the cutting board is placed in but can be removed when needed.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Thats a great idea! I'll weld some brackets to the inside of the door than screw into the umhw from the side. Didn't even think of doing it this way. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Greenmonkey

Adventurer
Oh I will. Starting to powder coat parts now, but still a lot of work ahead. I think I'll be happy when this project is over, it's been over a year now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles