Project Bronco Trailer

hammer

Nothing to crazy to update. Did a bunch of welding on the underside of the box yesterday. Major stuff included cutting out the front of each wheel well to get rid of the body line there as well as replacing all the metal around the tool box area. Next I need to flip the box back over and do a couple floor patches from the other side.

rps20121204_221337.jpg

rps20121204_221249.jpg

hammer

Updates please.

Not a lot to update. Been busy with work, got sidetracked with a couple projects on the truck and its been to dam cold in the garage blah blah blah

I have finished all the rust repair. Next steps will be painting the frame, lining the box bottom and mounting it.

I have a trip planned for the end of July so it needs to be done/useable by then.

Also grabbed a beer keg from work that I'm going to use as a water tank.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
If the trailer turns out half as good as the Bronco, you have a winner. Nice looking Bronco man, one of the cleanest I have ever seen. Really looking forward to seeing them finished and together.

hammer

Back on the wagon with this;

Got another roof (black one). Other one I had was in to bad of shape to use. Rust all gone. frame painted. Tub undercoated and mounted. Flares mounted. Bottom of rear fenders chopped. swivel jack had to be modded to accommodate the frame height. Truck box is mounted using rivnuts into the frame. Got plates for it today and took 'er for a spin. Tows nicely. It sits about an inch to high in the front right now. As i start adding weight I hope that levels out.

Next up, i'm doing some bartering with a local off road shop. In return they're going to build me a wrap around tube bumper with a receiver in it as well as a couple of steps off either side of the frame under the plastic truck box. Steps will allow me to get up onto the roof to access the basket that will be up there.

Procrastinating on welding those tops together. Need to find the motivation, I think its gonna suck.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Very Nice! I like the way that came out. Once that gets painted to match the tow vehicle, it's going to look great. I sometimes wish I had gone that route with mine. I guess I can always have another trailer right? :sombrero:

Don

-

daninghram

Adventurer
Cool Bronco, Dan. What year is that? The color looks similar to the orginal green on my 76, is whay I ask. I was torn whether to go back with it on my build, but ended up going with a different, top-secret green instead.

I hope you are enjoying it!

Cheers!

John
sorry have not checked this thread for a while. Mine is a 1971 just got it out for the summer today. I think it is Malard green.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online