Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cameras and Settings That Captured This Year’s Best Photos

Interesting review. I found it helpful. What is most interesting is that Nikon has as much presence as shown. This is certainly due to the excellent bodies they have been producing in recent years.
    Scott Brady
    Overland Journal
    D1 | LJ78 | LR4 | MKIII | J8 | G-Wagen |

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
    With several of my friends switching to or using Nikon, I loved than ~55% of the images were shot with a Canon body......
    Actually, looking at the chart again, I am pretty curtain over 80% of the images were taken with Canon
    Scott Brady
    Overland Journal
    D1 | LJ78 | LR4 | MKIII | J8 | G-Wagen |

I was surprised so many were taken with Canon as well. I remember in 2007/2008 everyone couldn't sell their Canon equipment fast enough. Guess they rebounded.

Also this data kinda confirms what I always thought. For the settings I say, "Yeah, I can see that setting".

Reuters is a canon house. Different media outlets would have different results. And a 6 year old Sony point and shoot having as much presence with photojournalists as a Nikon D3, D3s, D4 etc proves how flawed the sampling is, at least with respects to brands.
    Trevor-
    The quiet country is my church, my cathedral. It's where I go to get a sense of what life is like when it is left alone.

Trevor L Brown Photography, Tacoma

Yeah. When DOF and light aren't an issue. A P&S performs very good and is lower profile than a D4 with a 24-70.

If your a gear head or looking to sell camera equipment this might be of interest but I find it pointless. With a title like "The cameras and seetings that captured the year's best photos" I was hoping for EXIF data on each shot.

For a photographer at any level that would be far more usefull!
    Aaron Newman

www.CapturingLightandEmotion.com

The journey of life as as much in ones self as the roads one travels.

Quote Originally Posted by ssssnake529 View Post
    No Leica users in the bunch. I guess that news photographers don't really have time for manual focus any more.
    I doubt Leica's professional service is comparable to Canon or Nikon... their world wide network surely can't match those giants..

Leica is essentially a boutique brand nowadays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12