Inexpensive LED flood lights.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I had the same performance impressions with larger bars and different brands including rigid. None of them come close to my HID hella 500s. NONE. and for 1/4 the cost, Im very very happy.

Agree, but there are different lights, your hella 500 can not give you the spread that you get from the LED, you do have longer range and the cost is smaller!

Post some pictures so that we can have a much better comparison!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My Hellas spread enough to get to both sides of a 2-3 lane highway, with trees cut back. I will get some photos when I get back from florida. But, I have no need for anything wider on the front of my rig.

climber-420

Adventurer
Those of you with some "miles" on your Blitzpro lights, how are they treating you? I'm looking to make an order, but I'd like some long term feedback before I do.

I bought my BlitzPro 6LZ's back in June of 2013. They are my auxiliary backup lights, and are great for that purpose. Now I live in Denver, and go tot he mountains every weekend to ride. They have seen some abuse. 1 of the lights started showing condensation. I emailed the support team at Blitzpro, got a reply within 2 hours, and they are paying for the shipping of my light, and will be sending me a new one. Can't complain about the customer service.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
My Hellas spread enough to get to both sides of a 2-3 lane highway, with trees cut back. I will get some photos when I get back from florida. But, I have no need for anything wider on the front of my rig.

Once again, I agree however they make different kind of lenses for the Hella 500, so assuming you have the driving lense you are correct,( but the light is weak in comperison to LED ) and if they have the spot beam they will have plenty of range on HID convertions!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Once again, I agree however they make different kind of lenses for the Hella 500, so assuming you have the driving lense you are correct,( but the light is weak in comperison to LED ) and if they have the spot beam they will have plenty of range on HID convertions!

I do have driving lenses and I disagree with your comment about my lights being weak compared to LED. All the led lights that have been on rigs next to mine, My lights project farther down the road than the expensive rigids and cheap LED. LED is fine up close but your not getting anywhere near the distance. I don't care what LED is being used. I have see the 50" rigid mounted high on a roof, and my HID hellas get down the road noticeably farther than the 1500 dollar LED. This is side by side testing as I was looking at switching to LED, but after being disappointed with every LED light I have seen, naw. I will stick to my HID hellas.

These LEDs are the combo beams, Im gussing a full 42" of the 50" is spot beam. should be more than enough to get down the road like my HIDs but they don't.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I do have driving lenses and I disagree with your comment about my lights being weak compared to LED. All the led lights that have been on rigs next to mine, My lights project farther down the road than the expensive rigids and cheap LED. LED is fine up close but your not getting anywhere near the distance. I don't care what LED is being used. I have see the 50" rigid mounted high on a roof, and my HID hellas get down the road noticeably farther than the 1500 dollar LED. This is side by side testing as I was looking at switching to LED, but after being disappointed with every LED light I have seen, naw. I will stick to my HID hellas.

These LEDs are the combo beams, Im gussing a full 42" of the 50" is spot beam. should be more than enough to get down the road like my HIDs but they don't.

Once again I agree with you, everybody sees things differently, and that is why we have different type of lights!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94