Inexpensive LED flood lights.

barlowrs

Explorer
I have had my fogs on for a few months now and so far so good, still going strong (through rain, mud, dust, etc)

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
not light bars, but i run all led lights from truck-lite. love them. and for interior lighting, i added the model 33 1" lights. awesome brightDSC03721.JPG

Rbertalotto

Explorer
I saw this thread......placed an order for two of the 6 bulb light bar....received confirmation in 42 seconds!....Confirmation of shipping within an hour!.....lights showed up less than 48 hours later!

Talk about great service!

The light output is amazing, and the light itself is MUCH smaller than I anticipated.

stioc

Expedition Leader
^ x2 - I just wish the LED color was slightly warmer. As a matter of personal taste I just don't like the blueish light and I know the warmer colors are available these days.

zukrider

Explorer
just ordered 3 of the 6" and one 3lr compact. will join back with my opinions and when mounted, some good pics too!

zukrider

Explorer
so i placed an order with Blitzpro at about 9pm mountain time, last night- a Sunday. received an order confirmation immediately, both from them as well as Paypal. i just received shipping confirmation, again from both sources, on Monday!

it has been my experience probably 70% of the sunday orders i place, dont confirm let alone ship until tuesday or wednesday.

Very good customer service!

farley27

Adventurer
Picked one up for the Xterra, going to tie it in to the rear interior hatch light. That way when I open the hatch I'll have overhead light. Super fast updates and shipping. Light came today and so far I am impressed!!!

SSDDBRONCO

Dezerts custom $75
led21.jpg

led1-Copy.jpg

led20.jpg

18W, Cree elements. .8A power draw.

Do you have a link? Can't seem to find them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
So I too ordered a pair of the BlitzPro - 6LZ LED COMPACT LIGHT BAR for $30 each - and I am impressed. Nice quality construction and bright even pattern (with no "cut-off" line). Very low profile and small - only 6 inches long by 2 inches high. Super fast delivery too.

http://blitzpro.com/12v-led-lights/led-bar-light.html

BUT - there is something fishy going on here. I put them on my bench power supply and dialed them up to 14.0 VDC - and they each used about 0.45 amps.

That's right around 7 watts of power - which is impressive for the amount of light produced - far from the advertised consumption listed at 18 watts.

I suspect that these actually use six 1 watts LEDs instead of six 3 watts LEDs as claimed. This would also match better with the price they are selling these for - 3 watt LEDs are not cheap and are in demand for a wide variety of products while 1 watt LEDs are much cheaper and available from more vendors.

They also only claim 800 lumens of light output for these 6LZ compared to their Hawk 6D light which they also sell and list as using six 3 watt LEDs / 18 watts and producing 1355 lumens or their 4LR light which has four 3 watt LEDs and is listed as using 12 watts while producing 900 lumens.

So - I am not saying that I am unhappy with them - in fact, for what I want them for (camping lights and backup) they are better matched to what I needed/wanted - Just want to make sure people get the "real" specifications and not just some hype. It would be good for BlitzPro to fix their website too.

Also - I am not sure I would use them on the front for fog lights as I think the lack of a cut-off line would cause to much glare to other drivers and, if aimed down at an angle to reduce glare - would illuminate the area immediately in front of the vehicle too much (often called "hot spotting) which could reduce the ability to see well at night.

Its also interesting that Google Chrome's tab at the top of my screen actually calls these lights "Roof Rack Lighting" as that is exactly what I intend to use them for...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online