Inexpensive LED flood lights.

88Xj

Banned
I wish I could get a response from Brian so I can offer my lights. I'm just stuck on hold currently:(

88Xj

Banned
Well I do now, but I'm holding off selling to keep my from being repromanded. I posted a pic of mine version of my lights on 1 of these pages & mine are a true 3w led, all Cree chips. And FAR brighter than the Bliztpros which are 1W and actually use Epistar chips..

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Hummm.... you (88Xj) state that yours are 18 watt LED lights and that they draw 0.8 amps - which I assume is at 12vdc - so that would only be about 10 watts???

Whats the deal?

stioc

Expedition Leader
I'm thinking of epoxing a 1/2"-1" strip of plastic of some kind at the top to cut down on the glare.

88Xj

Banned
Hummm.... you (88Xj) state that yours are 18 watt LED lights and that they draw 0.8 amps - which I assume is at 12vdc - so that would only be about 10 watts???

Whats the deal?

Different model LEDs pull different amounts of power. Some are more efficient (pull less power) than others! I'm getting Setup as a vendor and will have a thread going shortly.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
So I too ordered a pair of the BlitzPro - 6LZ LED COMPACT LIGHT BAR for $30 each - and I am impressed. Nice quality construction and bright even pattern (with no "cut-off" line). Very low profile and small - only 6 inches long by 2 inches high. Super fast delivery too.

http://blitzpro.com/12v-led-lights/led-bar-light.html

BUT - there is something fishy going on here. I put them on my bench power supply and dialed them up to 14.0 VDC - and they each used about 0.45 amps.

That's right around 7 watts of power - which is impressive for the amount of light produced - far from the advertised consumption listed at 18 watts.

I suspect that these actually use six 1 watts LEDs instead of six 3 watts LEDs as claimed. This would also match better with the price they are selling these for - 3 watt LEDs are not cheap and are in demand for a wide variety of products while 1 watt LEDs are much cheaper and available from more vendors.

They also only claim 800 lumens of light output for these 6LZ compared to their Hawk 6D light which they also sell and list as using six 3 watt LEDs / 18 watts and producing 1355 lumens or their 4LR light which has four 3 watt LEDs and is listed as using 12 watts while producing 900 lumens.

So - I am not saying that I am unhappy with them - in fact, for what I want them for (camping lights and backup) they are better matched to what I needed/wanted - Just want to make sure people get the "real" specifications and not just some hype. It would be good for BlitzPro to fix their website too.

Also - I am not sure I would use them on the front for fog lights as I think the lack of a cut-off line would cause to much glare to other drivers and, if aimed down at an angle to reduce glare - would illuminate the area immediately in front of the vehicle too much (often called "hot spotting) which could reduce the ability to see well at night.

Its also interesting that Google Chrome's tab at the top of my screen actually calls these lights "Roof Rack Lighting" as that is exactly what I intend to use them for...

Interesting findings since this light looks very similar to this light for a nominal charge!Sure it is 5 led vs. 6 led but very close!

Got to play with my light as sonn as I have time to install!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110983432244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Last edited:

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Looks like you got a very good deal - that seller now has them listed at $33. Yours is also much deeper and would stick out from the roof rack a lot more.

I think the future is definitely LEDs...

Allof75

Pathfinder
Different model LEDs pull different amounts of power. Some are more efficient (pull less power) than others! I'm getting Setup as a vendor and will have a thread going shortly.

I'm in the market for some inexpensive LED lights to put on my bumper, be sure to send up a flare or smoke signal when you're up and running! And, depending where you are in SoCal, I might be able to come and pick them up. Those lights you posted pictures of looked good.

zukrider

Explorer
truth. i didnt read the shipping email very well, the 6LZ are on back order. but, i got my 3LR today, and i like the visual quality! it has an integrated water proof connector, and comes with the other connector and both pins to run whatever wire you wish. very nice IMO. this one will be a back up/reverse light and will hopefully light up both sides well. if not, ill get a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles