Inexpensive LED flood lights.

88Xj

Banned
Good news Brian called me today:) unfortunately the damn head issue drained me. So after the hammers ill be our your led vendor.

Edit: post 137 for info guys.

Last edited:

88Xj

Banned
I do but never posted it up. This kinda fell on the back burner until I finish my motor. If you pm me ill get you everything you need though boss.

tommudd

Explorer
Any updates
Was really interested but then.............
Hope you got your engine problems taken care of
But lets see some thing here as well

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I went with a 21" BlitzPro light, very bright and it fits on top of my ARB Bumper!

I have since upgraded to a different brand with more watts and on a CREE lense!

Last edited:

Carlyle

Explorer
Looking through this post and still a little confused... I'm trying to put supplemental lighting on the roof of my Dodge 5500 and am wondering how satisfied I will be with a pair of the Hawk light rail x2 versus a couple sets of HIDS? thoughts? Eventually I'm looking for a crap load of night lighting, amperage is not of an issue for me with a 290 amp alternator, but still power is power.

Thanks

Carl

ExploringNH

Explorer
Looking through this post and still a little confused... I'm trying to put supplemental lighting on the roof of my Dodge 5500 and am wondering how satisfied I will be with a pair of the Hawk light rail x2 versus a couple sets of HIDS? thoughts? Eventually I'm looking for a crap load of night lighting, amperage is not of an issue for me with a 290 amp alternator, but still power is power.

Thanks

Carl

I think you would be happy with the LED bar over an HID setup. Personally, on such a big truck, I would try to fit a 20-30" dual row LED bar on the front somewhere.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader

Thanks

Carl

I have both The IPF 900's HID and the 21" LED, different lights for different needs!

t4rman

Adventurer

Thanks

Carl

Usually HID's will reach much farther than an LED bar. I ended up buying a Hanma LED bar for my truck. It is basically a really powerful flood. I am with LexusAllTerrain. I think an LED bar and some lightforce spots would be perfect.

RedF

Adventurer
Those of you with some "miles" on your Blitzpro lights, how are they treating you? I'm looking to make an order, but I'd like some long term feedback before I do.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
to the guy above wondering about going with HID or LED, go with HID, you will get your CRAP LOAD of light out far where you need it if your driving on any type of open road. I am really not a fan of led light bars for anything other than close range lighting.

jlocster

Explorer
I've had a Blitzpro 21" single row lightbar on my front bumper and 5 6LZs on my roof rack for side and rear lighting for about 9 months. Personally I don't think the 21" lightbar is enough for forward lighting...it's a fairly dim, shallow flood...and I intend to up the ante in the future. I do like the 6LZs for their intended purpose as utility lights and reasonable price.

After 9 months of exposure to So Cal climes and an 11,000 mile road trip to Nova Scotia and back the black paint on the light housings has failed and is turning chalky. The plastic lenses have begun to yellow, as well. In the end, I don't think Blitzpro lights are any better than what can be purchased for less on on eBay.

Personally, my next LED lightbar purchase will be on eBay, for a two row 42 or 50" bar, for the same price I paid for the 21 incher. That said, and despite my Blitzpros' paint and lens deterioration, the lights have never failed to function. My 2¢.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I've had a Blitzpro 21" single row lightbar on my front bumper and 5 6LZs on my roof rack for side and rear lighting for about 9 months. Personally I don't think the 21" lightbar is enough for forward lighting...it's a fairly dim, shallow flood...and I intend to up the ante in the future. I do like the 6LZs for their intended purpose as utility lights and reasonable price.

After 9 months of exposure to So Cal climes and an 11,000 mile road trip to Nova Scotia and back the black paint on the light housings has failed and is turning chalky. The plastic lenses have begun to yellow, as well. In the end, I don't think Blitzpro lights are any better than what can be purchased for less on on eBay.

Personally, my next LED lightbar purchase will be on eBay, for a two row 42 or 50" bar, for the same price I paid for the 21 incher. That said, and despite my Blitzpros' paint and lens deterioration, the lights have never failed to function. My 2¢.

I had the same performance impressions with larger bars and different brands including rigid. None of them come close to my HID hella 500s. NONE. and for 1/4 the cost, Im very very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles