300k miles on a E350 7.3, would you buy?

hobietony

Explorer
You guys with ambulances need to tell me how they cope with body flex in offroad situation. I'm heading out to the orange people (4x4 van) to make a new post on this but since I already got your attention...thought I'd ask ;-)

Cheers
Mr. D

I have had mine very twisted up, and haven't noticed any flex in the body, at least that affects doors, etc. The boxes are all welded aluminum, and are well bolted to the cab. The rubber body mounts flex, and I do get some shifting of the bumpers and sliders relative to the box, but not much.

Also, dont use my build as a model of efficiency or required level of involvement. That percieved need for standing room drove a huge amount of additional work. Nates build (the grey one with the angled butt) is probably a better example of cost-effectiveness. His build, along with a ambulance ride a couple years ago with a big dose of morphine on board, set the ambo bug for me.

Abitibi

Explorer
Safer to get hooked on the ambulance thing than the morphine! ;-)

Tanks for the update, if you don't mind I'll past/copy this into the more related post I started in the 4wd camper vans forum, here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90115

Jmarquand also posted some neat pictures of his ambulance flexing it's 37" tires on my other post, worth to take a look for sure!

Cheers,
Mr. D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior