Thread: Looking for a good soft bag for first aid supplies

Default What About This?

i actually looked at these this weekend and while a FAK is not what they are intended for, it might not be a bad vessel for what you are looking for. Lots of outside pockets, deep primary pocket, and although it's soft-sided, it retains it's shape (16x12x8) so it might be easier to locate items inside than a bag or backpack. And it was $49. There was also a slightly smaller one (15x10x6) for $39...Anyway, might be worth a look...

http://www.rei.com/product/828512/rei-weekend-cooler

Quote Originally Posted by washington taco View Post
    http://www.redoxx.com/Aviator-Duffel...XS/150/Product

Red Oxx aviator extra small bag 30.00! Cheap, lifetime warrenty, made in the USA!!! You may have missed this! Next size up is only 35.00!!
    I had two of those custom made by them, with padded bottom, two flat zippered inner pockets, and upgraded metal hardware. I bought two of them, because the starting fee for a custom made pack covered X amount of hours, and they offered to make two for the same price as one custom.

Edit: You wouldn't believe just how much it can hold, even if it's the extra small. They hold vast amounts of stuff. I use a single one as my travel bag.
    Last edited by Lowdown; 12-13-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Default Some nice ideas

Thanks folks. You have given me some very nice ideas. I am going to look into them. The picnic cooler is certainly a unique, but good idea. I like the bright green color. That should make it easy to remember to grab it when finished.
    Mikey
    PAVEMENT Another example of needless government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by washington taco View Post
    http://www.redoxx.com/Aviator-Duffel...XS/150/Product

Red Oxx aviator extra small bag 30.00! Cheap, lifetime warrenty, made in the USA!!! You may have missed this! Next size up is only 35.00!!
    I own a Red Oxx bag and it is super tough and worth every penny.
    Huge thanks for the link as I didn't know they had these smaller and very well prices bags. I am going to add some of these to the Christmas list!

Oh and most importantly MADE IN THE USA and supporting a great small biz at the same time.
    cigar smoking, wilderness first responding, ham talking night nurse who is overland certified and a fellow of the Royal Geographical Society.....
    now everyone say "so what where have you been lately?"

I went to Home Depot and picked up one of the red Husky tool bags. Huge, tough as nails, and cheap. Sometimes you can get a buy one get one deal also

Try galls.com

Default I'm going to give the REI bag a try.

I like the looks of the REI bag and I will order one soon. As soon as I get it I will let everyone know how it works. I am thinking that having insulated sides and bottom will help protect the supplies. I also like the extra compartment on top. It should help to keep things separated.
    I have some tool bags such as the Husky but I don't think it would work as well for first aid. You loose a lot of space allowing the top to come together to zip and having everything jumbled together can cost time when you might not have too much time. Also, already having one such tool bag for recovery gear and another with tools, If I was to ask someone to go grab my first aid bag while I assist with an injured person, it could confuse them. Whereas if I tell someone to go grab the bright green bag out of the back of my pickup, they should not have a problem identifying the right bag.
    Mikey
    PAVEMENT Another example of needless government spending.

I love my wolfman duffle.
    Super White 2014 Double Cab TRD Off Road #45 Adventure trailer Chaser

Another option... Fishing Tackle Bag

The tackle bags are usually more water resistant, I would still use some ziplocs.

Tony

'01 Black Land Rover Discovery 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast