Looking for a good soft bag for first aid supplies

mkitchen

Explorer
I have out grown my plastic case that I keep my med supplies in. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to get a sturdy bag with a fully opening up top and maybe some side pockets that can be had for $100 or so. I looked at red ox but they are a bit over my limit. I guess that I would need a bag that is about 18 X 18 x 20 or 24.

I set up my own equipment so I do not want a kit, just the bag.
Mikey

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
I'm a fan of the M3-Style bag that Voodoo Tactical makes (11"Wx12"Hx4"D). Enough colors to suit anyone's preference and not a bad price, either.

http://www.voodootactical.net/p-195...ry-style-m3-medic-bag-combat-medical-kit.aspx
VoodooTacticalM3StyleMedicBag.jpg

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
They sure do. Probably the same offshore source. I just wanted my first-aid bags to all be red and have the standard patch on them so they were completely unlike anything else in the truck. I don't want to tell someone to grab the 'such-and-such bag' when I can just say get the first-aid bag! The bigger M3-style is hanging inside the back door and one of their 7"Hx5"Wx2.5"************ is in my driver's door pocket. I would have used a Maxpedition FR-1 for the door pocket except for my personal color 'requirement'.
http://www.voodootactical.net/p-62-voodoo-tactical-molle-compatible-emtfirst-aid-pouch.aspx
VoodooTacticalMOLLEEMTBag.jpg
VoodooTacticalMOLLEEMTBagOpen.jpg

EDIT: Apologies to the OP for getting off-track from your specific-sized request for info.

You might check out www.RemoteMedical.com. There are a ton of choices listed in their Equipment Bags & Cases section - http://www.remotemedical.com/results#!Equipment-Supply_2&ea_c=Equipment-Bags-Cases

Last edited:
I used an old fanny pack I had laying around. Its a pretty big Alps brand. I have it strapped to one of the back seat headrests. Out of the way and easy to get to.

mkitchen

Explorer
Still looking

I looked at the websites but most all the bags were still a bit smaller than I wanted. The one that looked right, 9x9x20, was $185. I'm sure it is worth that but it is really more than I can afford. So I guess I will still be looking for the right bag.
What little experience that I have with back country injuries has shown me that it's good to have a fair amount of bandages, tape, etc. You can't always get out to resources or help as quickly as you would like. So, that is why I am looking for such a large bag.
Mikey

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Mikey not sure what your thrift store selection is like in Kingman but here in Phoenix I can hit the local Goodwill and come up with anything from small soft makeup backs to larger duffle bags from tradeshows.
A never ending selection of bags for couple of dollars. I really like the canvas bible covers as they have a pen holder and side pockets.
Mens shaving bags are also great.
For medium size there are plenty of purse like options.
Cut off the shoulder straps or shorten them and you can good securing loops.

Anyway just saying hit thrift shops and see what you find.

mkitchen

Explorer
Thanks Lance

By the time something hits a thrift store in Kingman, it us usually pretty well used up but you did give me an idea. Mo sometimes hits up yard sales around our neighborhood and I will have her watch for a good sized bag. Your idea puts some interesting pictures in my head. I can see me running towards someone in need of first aid, yelling "don't worry, I'll save you," with my new and certainly very swank, purse and that poor fellow will go from being in need of first aid to now needing CPR. I am going to have to look into getting an AED as well.
Mikey

bulrid8

A good backpack and zip lock bags work best . I do this for a living and would not waste the money on over priced medical bags.

I have $300 bags in closet that I don't use. Cheap pack works much better. Organize it in zip locks and it keeps stuff water proof too.

Sent from the all knowing box!

mkitchen

Explorer
A good backpack and zip lock bags work best . I do this for a living and would not waste the money on over priced medical bags.

I have $300 bags in closet that I don't use. Cheap pack works much better. Organize it in zip locks and it keeps stuff water proof too.

Don't backpacks run over $200 too?
Mikey

bulrid8

I'm talking $20-30 backpacks. Like for school. No need to have a medical specific bag.

mkitchen

Explorer
Good Idea

Actually, a daypack or school bag would be just about the right size. One of these might be able to be had second hand as well. Thanks for a great idea.
Mikey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier