Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronco Concept?

Default Bronco Concept?

I am sorry if this has been shown before, but it looks awesome and I want one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...kdAlDYHDw&NR=1
    Jared
    2005 Toyota Tundra
    M416

"It is not the place of outsiders to make one-size-fits-all mandates to a world of different shapes and proportions. In doing so, they create an atmosphere where pebbles are polished and diamonds dimmed."

Damn! I was worried Ford had nowhere to go with the SUV, what and with all their STUPID crossovers. This would fit the lineup just right. If they took this idea and produced it, that'd be tits.
    That right there is an absolutely perfect exploration rig for 2 travelling light. Well, maybe stretch it 6 inches or so for laying-down space, but otherwise

Not a convertible therefore not a real bronco.

Ford needs to make a mid-size full convertible bronco to compete with the Jeep Wrangler.
    '78 Bronco
    '97 328i
    '04 Expedition

A little more slope to the C pillars, give it about a 10" stretch to get it looking more proportional, and make that back portion of the top removable, and that'd be hot!!!! A 6.2L manual trans rig would be a whole lot of fun!!! (I don't think they make a stick shift Raptor but hey, I can dream, right?)

Make a 5-door version too, give the suburban a run for it's money. The modern suburban is just...bleh...

Quote Originally Posted by 78Bronco View Post
    Ford needs to make a mid-size full convertible bronco to compete with the Jeep Wrangler.
    This right here.
    Ever since the TJ came out and sales exploded (and now again even more so with the JK... Chrysler can't even keep up with demand for them, or so I've heard), it makes no sense why Ford remains absent from this market. Them coming out with that Escape-based pile of $#!1 Bronco concept about 8 years ago just shows how lost they are.

Whoever's running the show at Ford definitely needs their butt kicked.
    1990 Ford Bronco II, dual t-case, locked up on 35s

I was thinking they should use one of their 3rd world designed ranger platforms and build a pickup and retro styled bronco for the domestic market with a diesel for each to help distribute costs. Does that sound plausible?

Quote Originally Posted by borison View Post
    I was thinking they should use one of their 3rd world designed ranger platforms and build a pickup and retro styled bronco for the domestic market with a diesel for each to help distribute costs. Does that sound plausible?
    Unfortunately that would mean it'll be saddled with IFS. I don't see much dent in JK sales happening with that.
    The only way it'll sell well in this market is if it has solid axles (such as the D44 & 8.8").
    1990 Ford Bronco II, dual t-case, locked up on 35s

Meh, it just looks like a newer body style 2d Explorer, and God knows we don't need more Explorers. I don't understand why they don't do with the Bronco what they did with the Mustang and just make a modern version of the 66-77? THAT would be amazing and sell very well as long as the price wasn't like the TJs.
    1997 F-350 CC Dually, 7.3 PSD, E4OD, 6637 Intake, 4" Diamond Eye Turbo-Back Stainless Exhaust BYE BYE KITTY Mod, 3" DownPipe, Bellowed Up-Pipes, Rotella 15w-40 Conventional, DONALDSON ELF 7405 Filtration

SOLD: 2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    1999 GMC Yukon
    1993 GMC Suburban 2500

2011 34' Sundance by Heartland TT

I'm normally Ford biased, but they missed the barn with this one.
    Not practical for daily use, and little use as a 4x4.
    I have to wonder what they were thinking? What their target market is? They already have the Raptor, which is way more vehicle than this thing.
    If they were thinking "Bronco", then to come out with a solid roof and lack of articulation concept vehicle, is criminal neglect.
    Shame on them.
    If they were thinking restyled Explorer, then OK. I'm not interested in it, but nice styling update.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast