Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expedition Tear Drop Trailer w/ wood burning stove

Not crazy at all. Do a search on marine stoves. I had one called a Tiny Tot on a 24' sailboat. Nothing like the nice dry heat of a wood burner. Also check out sheep wagon stoves on craigslist. There are also relatively cheap wall tent stoves made of sheet metal. I use one of those in my wall tent (that is when I am not using the tear drop) for elk hunting in Utah and New Mexico. I get teased a lot about my wood stove, lounge chair, carpeting, etc in the wall tent, but at 4:00 am and it is 10 degrees while the other hunters are freezing their behinds getting dressed I am relaxing in comfort, coffee on the stove wondering how the little people are doing.

Wood burning stove......

That is cool!

Bump for You!

That is definitely a cool trailer!

Where did you get that wood stove that small and how much?

I picked up some 1/4" plate at a scrap yard and welded it up. The stove specific parts I located online. It was a pretty easy project. Sometimes you can find similar stoves made for ice fishing shacks. Many years ago I purchased an ice fishing shack stove from Herters, way back when they were still in business.
    Last edited by LawnJockey; 12-14-2012 at 01:07 AM.

You got me thinking (always dangerous) about that old Herters ice fishing stove. I did a search and there are two on ebay, here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MIGH...item19d75ace14

The price is $2,500 :shock:

if you werent on the wrong side of the country....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12