Wrangler Tire Size - Overland, Trail, and Other

What tire size are you running on your Wrangler?

• Factory 32's

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • 33's-34's

Votes: 91 45.3%
  • 35-37's

Votes: 67 33.3%

• Total voters

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I doubt it. Id say the price is the price. and once they unload all the KOs they wont be advertised anymore and people wont know the difference.

wanabxtrm

Observer
I'm currently running 33s, I'm probably going to move back to factory tires when these wear out. The guys moving to 35s sell their stockers cheap with little wear so you can get a deal. I drive a JKU. Once a year I go on a more challenging trail run and I get high centered. On that day once per year, 35s would be great. The rest of the year, and on every other trip I take, the stock height tires would be fine.
Tom
I'll echo that... I've gone that route with great success. Another thing to consider to add some traction to the stock rubber is to get them sipped. I originally though it was mostly a marketing gimmick but after some long talks with racers, and driving with them for a few years I'm a believer (at least with big knobby mud tires), not really needed with a/t's.

sdsviet

Observer
I was very worried about my stock 14 JKR mts with snow and rain but after I got them siped, they worked really well in the snow we've had in Chicago this winter. If I really needed more traction, I just put it in 4 high when speed allows it. Even if I slide, it's a controlled slide and I know where I'm going.

It'll be a while before these mts wear out since its only been 15k but I am looking for an AT for more over landing and better mpg. Those open country RTs looks interesting since I don't mind doing a little off reading as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ferninaz

I currently run 37" Cooper Discoverer STT's since up until a couple months ago my JKU was primarily a rock crawler. My wife and I decided that we would like to do some expedition type stuff but I am keeping the 37s. It is becoming very interesting trying to rearrange my JKU to do something completely different than what I started 3 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior