Custom travel trailer or a Tiny House?

cwsqbm

Explorer
Instead of a park model, if you were going to have a trailer parked at one location for a long time, a "destination" trailer could work. They're sort of half way between a full-blown park model and a normal travel trailer. Not something you'd want to drag around constantly, but with more space than a typical travel trailer, with higher ceilings, residential-type applicances, etc. all in a 8.5' legal width with the slide-ins in.

Adventuro-Us

Depending on your budget a good compromise may be an enclosed car hauler. I had a 20 footer, I paid 3k for it. Put in a kitchen counter, a refrigerator, lights and it was awesome. I towed it home with a Nissan Murano. If your careful and you dont have the trailer loaded down your scout may even be able to move it. You could source cheap used RV items from craigslist to finish it out too. You may even be able to find one already finished out.

These type of builds were very popular when I was in California

JKJenn

Adventurer
You might want to look at either the Little Guy T@b trailers or the discontinued T@da trailers of you don't need tons of room. They are going to be less expensive than a lot of trailers and I have read nothing but good stuff about their service. The newer T@b trailers have bathroom options and the T@das all had them. The T@das are roomier, if you can find a used one.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Depending on your budget a good compromise may be an enclosed car hauler. I had a 20 footer, I paid 3k for it. Put in a kitchen counter, a refrigerator, lights and it was awesome.

I am pulling the three-way fridge and sink out of my FWC if you go this route. I will give you a smoking deal on the parts.

It looks like I'm off the road for some time, as I have found work on a really nice farm near by Edna, Texas. There is a cabin onsite, so I'm exchanging my labor for residence there as well as a small stipend. Meanwhile I will be working on the weekends at Sherwood Forest Faire during the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles