back country yukon with our g 250

whitehorse

Observer
well,

it took 3 days, 2,800 km from Vancouver to Whitehorse, no issues, and as well as the paddle boards, the G had a bunch of Ikea furniture, my camping stuff and a new lever rifle for my lady (she's a big 30-30 fan). Pretty full load. the Mil spec version is great, but quite loud inside...i love it!

whitehorse

Observer
Oh,

what you are looking at are 3 SUPB (Stand up paddle boards) , brought these up from Vancouver to Whitehorse for a friend of ours. How they are secured is quite simple. Using shaped foam blocks, these are placed outside on the soft top, directly above the rear roll cage member that supports the top, thus, there is no pressure on the top at all. Then i have a run a compression strap around the boards to the large tie down rings at the back of the G, I don't know if the civilian version has these or not, they are used for slinging or tie downs to rail cars.

What I'd like to get is a custom hard top, but just the roof section, and run soft sides that I can remove, that would be the ideal set up for us I think!

Flanker525

Ah ok now I see the rear tie down strap (Sorry I was on a tablet the first time I saw this and missed it!) And no the civilian Gs don't have these tie downs. It would be nice though :cool:

Hmm a custom hard top sounds interesting although I have no idea who could make one. If you manage it let me know!

The Schmude tops for the civilian cabrios are very expensive, if you can find one. I'm not sure however that it would fit a Wolf. I've seen a long wheel base military hardtop before also by Schmude but never one for a SWB. If one exists I can't even begin to think about what it would take to find one for sale never-mind how much it would cost. Do you know about Guido in Germany? (He specializes in G parts and usually has a lot of Wolf parts on hand)

Last edited:

whitehorse

Observer
nice!

I would like a LWB one of these days! Schmude does make a hard top for the SWB Wolf, and the quote that I have from them is about 2500.00 USD, but....the shipping cost is about as much as the top due to the size.!! I have seen Guidos tracks on the net, but have not really looked him up as of yet, but thanks for the idea!

Flanker525

$2,500 for a brand new top? That seems to be on the low side for a Schumde top (Interesting to note that they list the similar civilian top for 3,500 Euros)

If you ever decide to move to the LWB and sell the Wolf let me know :)

Longtallsally

Adventurer
Yeah, $2500 is WAY low. We got ours used while still living in Germany for $1500 and that was a miracle as the regular cabrio SWB 460 hard tops go for 3000 EURO plus another few hundred euro in hardware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles